• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing sound device in flash player

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any way of choosing which sound device to use. Made an idea about this at http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1361.

Anyone know a way to work around this? I am using Flash Player embedded in Firefox.

I have to say I'm a bit annoyed by developers tendency to throw everything at the windows default driver as it completely locks up alot the versatily. I don't think ease of use goes down the drain by adding a tab in settings for sound device.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tosht1 wrote:

Anyone know a way to work around this? I am using Flash Player embedded in Firefox.

In Firefox, the Flash Player is a plugin. It is however embedded in Google Chrome. Are you sure you're not confusing the two?

Some parts of the plugin are configurable and you can experiment by using the Global Settings Manager. The panel you're seeing on that site is the actual configuration you have on your own machine. Refer to the menus for help on how to change the various options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xircal wrote:

Tosht1 wrote:

In Firefox, the Flash Player is a plugin. It is however embedded in Google Chrome. Are you sure you're not confusing the two?

Some parts of the plugin are configurable and you can experiment by using the Global Settings Manager. The panel you're seeing on that site is the actual configuration you have on your own machine. Refer to the menus for help on how to change the various options.

Then I'm using the plugin in firefox

The Global Settings Manager don't offer anything settings for the playback device. Only microphone and webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tosht1 wrote:

Xircal wrote:

Tosht1 wrote:

The Global Settings Manager don't offer anything settings for the playback device. Only microphone and webcam.

Yes, there are limitations with what you can do with a plugin. But because it runs as a guest of the host system which is Firefox, you can configure how audio is handled in Firefox via the Applications tab in the Options menu. See: Options window - Applications panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xircal wrote:

Tosht1 wrote:

Xircal wrote:

Tosht1 wrote:

Yes, there are limitations with what you can do with a plugin. But because it runs as a guest of the host system which is Firefox, you can configure how audio is handled in Firefox via the Applications tab in the Options menu. See: Options window - Applications panel

I don't even find an entry for the flash plugin, and only way to set up the plugin seems to be the settings manager. What do you mean by limitations? The settings manager find the devices for microphones easy enough..

I like that you want to help, but it seems to me that you are just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't find an entry for Flash in Firefox because it's a plugin. But like I mentioned to you already, you can configure Flash to play in any player such as the VLC player for example. Then change the way VLC outputs audio using the Tools | Preferences menu as shown in the screenshot. You can download the VLC player from here if you haven't got it: http://www.videolan.org/

vlc_preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess streaming with vlc is the closest I get for now. Thnx for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines