• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some urgent support from you guys! [iPad3 Display]

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an event on April 20th that I need to show off phase 1 of an app we're working on.  I really want to show it on the new iPad.

I'm working in Flash Pro 5.5   ...    Can someone please tell me how to compile my app to work on the iPad High Res display.

I've seen some people do it with Flex...   is there a way to compile the app from Flash Pro or a work around ?

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to be using Mac OS 10.7.3, have the 4.3.1 Xcode installed, and use the command line to do the build in order to point the sdk setting to the iOS 5.1 SDK.

Do you know that existing Flash apps look great on the new iPad? Unless your audience is going to be using a magnifier to examine the screen, I doubt that they would know that it's not using the Retina display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 10.7.3 and have Xcode 4.3.2 installed

Do you have a sample of the command line script ?   I imagine its similar to packaging the BAR files for PlayBook ?

I've been searching everywhere can can't find what the path is to the actual SDK.

I ran a test compiling my iPad2 app for the new iPad and only my webviews looked good.  Everything else looks the same as it does on iPad2.   I want to take advantage of the high res images

If you could help me out in telling me how to get the location of the SDK ... and a sample script.   I assume I can use my already created app descriptor file that was created with the iOS packager in Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually the iPhone SDK should be at this location unless you provided some other location : /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk/

Or try searching for iPhoneOS5.1 in your mac finder.

Try this command :

adt -package -target ipa-app-store -provisioning-profile ./myProfile.mobileprovision -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ./Certificates.p12 -storepass XXX myApp.ipa myApp-app.xml <Main.swf> <ASSETS> -platformsdk /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk/

Make sure you use latest AIR SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Xcode now installs in your Applications folder. It's a real

pain but the new path should be something like:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I run the ADT utlity ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that you dont have much experience with command line I am writing each of the steps :

1. open Terminal

2. In mac, open a finder window and go to the location where you have downloaded the AIR sdk folder, go in the bin folder.

3. Once reached, just drag the adt file onto the terminal and you will see the entire path is pasted in the terminal.

4. and then resume typing the rest of the command pasted in above post with correct location to your .mobileprovision, .p12, appxml, swf, assets files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK ..

Got it.

QUestion though...  How come we are specifying an ipa file in the commands ?  Shouldnt this tool be creating that file ?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats correct. But you need to tell the name and location where it should be placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I dont have one already in the folder  .. it tells me that the IPA is missing

This is what Im using

/Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ CS5.5/AIR2.6/bin/adt -package -target ipa-test-interpreter -keystore certificates/Certificates.p12 -storetype pkcs12 -storepass ****** -provisioning-profile certificates/historyapp.mobileprovision -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk interface_test2HD.ipa interface_test2HD-app.xml interface_test2HD.swf  assets/Default.png assets/icon48.png assets/icon72.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - the 2.6 folder is actually AIR 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brent put a space character after iPhoneOS.platform. That seems wrong, there shouldn't be a space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the space.. it still gives me

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk: error 301: Application descriptor missing/cannot be opened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the entire adt command you used so we can see what's

happening? It looks like you're missing a step. For example my adt

command that worked for me was:

adt -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore

~/Desktop/iOS_DevCert.p12 -provisioning-profile

~/Desktop/iOS_DevProfile.mobileprovision test.ipa test-app.xml test.swf

-platformsdk

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk

Something is definitely missing in your command line arguments, that's

why it's throwing the error. You need the following in the correct order:

-package

-target ipa-test

-storetype pkcs12

-keystore (path to your .p12)

-provisioning-profile (path to your provisioning profile

.ipa name (I'm using test.ipa)

-app.xml file (mine is test-app.xml)

swf name (I use test.swf)

iBrent "no spaces" Arnold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! .. It was the order of the items.

However once the compile completes..  I'm getting a lot of warnings.

ld: warning: -ios_version_min not specificed, assuming 4.0

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _IDctSlow_ARM from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowProcessRowLoop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowSkipArithmeticInRow from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowProcessColumnLoop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC1S7 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantTable from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC7S1 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC3S5 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC5S3 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC4S4 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC2S6 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDctSlowConstantxC6S2 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _IDct10_ARM from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ComputeRow0 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ComputeRow1 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ComputeRow2 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ComputeRow3 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10_skip_Row3 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ProcessColumns from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10ProcessColumnLoop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10Fill2WithZero from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10Fill1WithZero from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDct10Fill0WithZero from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _IDct1_ARM from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _IDCT1_plus_ReconBlock_ARM from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDCT1_plus_ReconBlock_loop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _IDCT1_plus_ReconInter_ARM from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: IDCT1_plus_ReconInter_loop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(idct_part.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock1dH_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop1 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock1dV_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop3 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop4 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock2dFirstPass_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop5 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock1dBilH_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: FilterBlock1dBilH_next_row from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock1dBilV_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: FilterBlock1dBilV_outer_loop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: FilterBlock1dBilV_inner_loop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _FilterBlock2dBil_FirstPass_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: FilterBlock2dBil_FirstPass_next_row from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(predfilters.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _ReconIntra_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _ReconInter_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: loop1 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _ReconBlock_ARM11 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: ReconBlock_ARM11_LOOP from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(reconstruct-F6251070C86EBC8D.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _Copy12x12_ARM9E from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(copy12x12.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: Copy12x12_CSrcAlign0 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(copy12x12.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: Copy12x12_CSrcAlign1 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(copy12x12.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: Copy12x12_CSrcAlign2 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(copy12x12.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: Copy12x12_CSrcAlign3 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(copy12x12.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _tDecodeBool from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(tDecodeBool.o)

ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: _tDecodeBool128 from /Applications/Adobe Flash CS5.5/AIR2.6/lib/aot/lib/libRuntimeAOT.arm-air.a(tDecodeBool.o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you both keep putting a space after iPhoneOS.platform? Surely that will lead to a path that doesn't exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the space out .. I dont know why its doin that in the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ignore the warnings, they don't seem to affect performance.

The spaces appear after emailing my responses. I tells ya it wasn't me!

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you get these warnings too ?

Will these warnings affect approvals in the app store ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I compiled an IPA from Flash Pro .. just so it wouldnt complain about the missing IPA file...

now when I run it .. I get this error

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk: error 301: Application descriptor missing/cannot be opened

I do have an app.xml file present though.

Am I missing something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stupid questioon ... to run the adt utlity do I have to first enter the bin folder via terminal and execute from there ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man .. I hate command line   

Does anyone know how to get in to the actual Applications folder from the command line on a mac ?  cd Applications is not the right folder.  I need the applications folder that containts the actual apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a solution to avoid those warnings? I'm experiencing the same problems here... Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines