Skip navigation
lucysgirl2007!
Currently Being Moderated

Any1 know how to insert txt boxes sent to an Abode Reader program without buying Abode Acrobat?

Mar 27, 2012 2:26 PM

My Situation: I have a laptop that only has Abode Reader 9 and didn't come with Abode Acrobat.

I'm a college student who just got a job offer in the field I want to work in.

I recently was emailed a form to fill out for my new job and Abode Reader 9 doesn't let me type in the fields needed to complete the form.

My hand-writing isn't the best to fill out the form. I have a disability that causes my hand-writing to be better written large than to fill in a form in a tight-knit space.

I don't have the extra cash at-hand for a new Abode Acrobat program. So, buying an Acrobat Program isn't an option at the moment.

My Question:

How can I type in the needed fields on the form that are needed for my employment?

Is there a way to send the file (it's a .pdf file) to another program on my laptop so I can type in the needed fields to send back to my employer? (list of programs my laptop has listed at bottom of this post)

2nd Question That Would Aid in My Predicament:

Also, if I have another program that would work, how do I send the document to that other program?

3rd/Final Question:

Should I save the file in a different format before sending my document to the other program?

Thanks to anyone who can provide information to help me out:)

My laptop has the following other programs that may help you to tell me which program would help me with my issue:

Microsoft Office Word 2007 Open Office and Microsoft Office OneNote 2007

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to lucysgirl2007!

1. Unfortunately, Reader is out unless they have added fillable form fileds for you to type in.

2. Hard to say. What do you have? I suppose if you haveAdobe InDesign or Illustrator, you could place the PDF in a new file and use their text tools to add text where you need it.

3. I wouldn't do that unless they say that it is ok. Maybe it's worth giving them a call.

All of that being said, if you just need it for this one time, Adobe offers a free fully functional trial version on their site for Acrobat. You could download and install it, add form fields and fill them in. The trial is good for 30 days.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to lucysgirl2007!

I sometimes run into a similar situation, with PDF forms created incorrectly (unfillable).

What I do sometimes in such cases; search Google for a free online PDF-to-JPG conversion tool, then use an image tool (e.g. Paint.net) to write into the JPG file, and print it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points