• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about when we should create streams\definst folder and when media folder

Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Tutorial says:

Create a new folder named AudioStreams at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications.

Open the AudioStreams folder and add a new folder named streams.

Inside this folder place a new folder named _definst_ and copy the four audio files in the Exercise to the _definst_ folder.

I am confused when should we create definst folder and when C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\live\media folder?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Let me explain you - first of all "live" does not have "media" folder my default - only "VOD" application. "media" folder is nothing but VirtualDirectory setting done at Application.xml level to tell FMS so pick the media files from "media" folder.

By default if you are creating your own simple application - you need to create "streams/_definst_" as its default path where streams would get created or looked for - when you are connecting to "_definst_"  or when you dont specify any instance name

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This would be helpful to you for more details about this:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/beginning-fms45-pt02.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bharat,

Thanks for the reply.

I have indeed read this article and got confused reading this

Can you pls clarify in one liners when we should be accessing media folder and when streams\definst??

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain you - first of all "live" does not have "media" folder my default - only "VOD" application. "media" folder is nothing but VirtualDirectory setting done at Application.xml level to tell FMS so pick the media files from "media" folder.

By default if you are creating your own simple application - you need to create "streams/_definst_" as its default path where streams would get created or looked for - when you are connecting to "_definst_"  or when you dont specify any instance name in your connection URI.

You use "media" or for that matter any folder - if you have preconfigured VirtualDirectory for your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Understood this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines