Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffunction valitation error

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a form where I  fill a customer-no. into an input field and get the customer name using databinding.

This works fine, but when I put non-numeric values into customer-no I get following error:

Error invoking CFC customer.cfc : The CUST_ID argument passed to the getcustomer function is not of type numeric. [Enable debugging by adding 'cfdebug' to your URL parameters to see more information]

The message is correct, but how can I avoid to run the getcustomer function when the value is not numeric?

Here is my code:

The form:

<cfinput type="text" name="customer_no" style="width:140;background-color:yellow" maxlength="10"  validate="integer" validateat="onblur"   message="Customer No. format is integer">

<cfinput type="text" name="customer_name" style="width:170" maxlength="200" bind="cfc:customer.getcustomer({customer_no})" readonly="yes">

customer.cfc:

<cfcomponent >

<cffunction name="getcustomer" access="remote" returntype="string" output="yes"  >

<cfargument name="cust_id"   type="numeric"  required="true" >

<cfset  r_customer = "">

<cfquery name = "select_customer" dataSource = "x">

SELECT name

FROM customer

WHERE id =  <cfqueryparam   cfsqltype="cf_sql_numeric" value="#arguments.cust_id#" >

</cfquery>

<cfreturn r_customer>

</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Change the argument to type="any", then use isNumeric() inside your function. If it's not numeric, return an empty string.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the argument to type="any", then use isNumeric() inside your function. If it's not numeric, return an empty string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

biene22 wrote:

The message is correct, but how can I avoid to run the getcustomer function when the value is not numeric?

That is a trick question! The attribute bind="cfc:customer.getcustomer({customer_no})" implies that the function will run automatically, whether or not customer_no is numeric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation