I keep getting a failed error when trying to use Adobe Media Encoder.
I open up my premiere project and select the comp I want. I switch the format to Quicktime, select h.264 from preset. Hit the start button and I get the failed sound/icon.
1. My comp is 1920x1080 but when I go in it automatically has it as 720... why is it not recognizing the comp size?
2. Is there a way to fix this error? It seems to export occassionally to my C drive (which is not raid) but it fails to my F drive (Raid 10). But usually if I export as a wmv or something smaller it exports fine to F.
The export dimensions do not default to 1920x1080 because AME CS5.5 and prior versions do not have h.264 presets for QuickTime for the program ot default to, and the individual settings for that format do not have a "Same as Source" option. If you will be using a particular set of settings regularly, I recommend saving a custom preset. To do so, click the Save Preset button to the right of the Preset pulldown in the Export Settings dialog.
As for the failure to encode, we'll need to learn more about the particulars. Does the error log [File>Show Errors] have any useful information?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you I had to go out of town. Error message doesn't say anything to me... maybe to you. I'm not really sure what to set for "Field Type" so I just leave it at Lower. Not sure if I should set it to higher or progressive instead.
- Source File: F:\master_project\Fetterman\Premiere\Fetterman_Actos.prproj
- Output File: F:\master_project\Fetterman\Premiere\Fetterman-Actos.mov
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video: 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, Lower, Quality 100
- Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit
- Bitrate: H.264
- Encoding Time: 00:00:00
03/15/2012 04:05:21 PM : Encoding Failed