Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to make a fullscreen button for Flash Catalyst?

Mar 28, 2012 7:02 AM

Hey everyone.  I really hope someone can help me with this.  How can I make a fullscreen button in Flash Professional that would make my Flash Catalyst project go fullscreen?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to Cuwen

Never used catalyst before but I hear it's a designer tool that can handle a little code. If you want a projector to go fullscreen here would be the code to add to a buttton with the instance name of myButton to do it. I'm not sure if it's the same for you:

import flash.display.StageDisplayState;

import flash.events.MouseEvent;

myButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fullScreen);

function fullScreen(event:MouseEvent):void

{

stage.displayState=StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

}

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to Cuwen

I'm sorry I really don't know Flash Catalyst as much as I'd like to. Designing interfaces is left up to me, no designers at my agency use Catalyst. Though this is the Flash forum so that's as much as I can tell you. I didn't know Catalyst didn't support basic scripts (I thought I read that it did).

Ultimately, for a very cheap price you can do something like go to http://www.lynda.com/ and buy a membership. Dirt cheap compared to what you get. They offer many courses on all this stuff and I'm sure your answer would lie in one of the (nicely broken up by subject) video training videos.

Just searching for Catalyst brings up a bunch of courses:

http://www.lynda.com/search?q=catalyst&x=0&y=0

edit:

For instance I watched the essential CS5.5 training and I saw in 2 minutes flat that when you click on a button you should have an "Interactions" panel that lets you do things. If they didn't put fullscreen as an interaction that's another thing but I'm just pointing out it's very easy to learn how to do all sorts of things in video training. If you do not want to purchase a membership there just find a video you think would have the info in it and I'll watch it and let you know if it told me how to do it, and how to do it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 6:18 AM   in reply to Cuwen

The subscription is worth it as a personal investment. It's like $29 a month, which is a couple packs of cigarettes or a few lattes. For what you get out of it is insanely worth it. You should consider buying it yourself! There's lots of courses on there in many different catagories from web to photography to business management to you name it. As they say, invest your time, don't spend your time.

Hope it helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points