Skip navigation
kbeat
Currently Being Moderated

Urgent help needed with Lucida Grande

Mar 28, 2012 8:10 AM

Tags: #indesign_cs5 #lucida_grande

I have to use this font for a project, I can't get away with Lucida sans, it HAS to be Lucida Grande.

I don't quite know what is going on but I have some text in Lucida Grande Regular which is all fine, I tried creating another text box but it's showing up as Lucida Grande Bold? I tried to change it to Regular but there's no option for it? When there is regular font right next to it?

If this is something really simple I'm sorry! This is my first time using indesign, if it was my choice I would of used something I was more familiar with. The deadline is on Friday so it's urgent I get help so it doesn't get presented half bold half not.

Using CS5, on Windows Vista

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to kbeat

Do you see parentheses around the font name or style when you select the regular text? That would inidcate the font is missing (as would turning on the missing font highlight in the composition section of the prefs, which would add a pink highlight behind any missing fonts).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to kbeat

So are you actually working in Arabic?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to kbeat

Please post screen shots of the text, the character panel, and the stroke panel with some text selected. You can embed them in your post using the camera icon on the web page like this:

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Well, it would help is I embedded the image before I hit the post button.

CameraIcon.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to kbeat

That's a start. There is more than one font style in use, though, in the selected text (my guess is the final paragraph nmark is different) whcih you can tell because the field is blank. Can you show us another shot of the character panel with just an insertion point in that text somewhere in the middle, and then select the final return and see if that matches. I'd like to see the panels with some text fromthe column to the right highlighted, too, if you don't mind.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to kbeat

Yes that's fine. Unfortunately is doens't show something obviously out of the ordinary.

I gues the next ting is to see if the font is available in a new document. If it is, try this on the one giving you trouble: Remove minor corruption by exporting

If not, you should look at: Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points