Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

ACR 7 Basic panel defaults

Mar 28, 2012 7:07 AM

For my GH2 (.rw2 raw files) the Basic panel defaults are Exposure = +.54, Contrast = +31, Whites = -15, and all other at 0.

For my S100 (.cr2 raw files) Blacks = +25, all other at 0.

From this limited sample I deduce that each camera model has a baked-in set of defaults on the Basic panel, apparently independent of the individual profile.  Is this now the game?

Richard Southworth

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to RASouthworth

This has been the case for a while now, and I skipped CS5.x and, therefore, ACR 6.

Or am I misconstruing your post?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to RASouthworth

RASouthworth wrote:

…prior ACR defaults were Brightness = +50, Contrast = +25, all other zero, for all camera brands…

I don't believe so, but I will defer to your recollection as to your particular cameras.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:05 AM   in reply to RASouthworth

I might be misunderstanding you here (still quite early for me and coffee just kicking in!), but your defaults for PV2012 should all go to zero for each of the controls, and not vary between cameras. I therefore suspect that you previoulsy set some personalised defaults in ACR 6 (or whichever version you were using), and that ACR 7 has picked up on these and set the PV2012 defaults to take that into account? This happened with me when I first used LR4: I'd tweaked my default settings for ACR, and they were picked up by LR - for example, in ACR 5.6, my blacks were set to 3, and that became +10 in LR4/PV2012.

For the time being, I've reset my defaults to zero until I get a proper handle on PV2012 as it's a whole new ball game (but so far, I'm finding it to be far better than PV2010).

M

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 2:32 AM   in reply to RASouthworth

ACR 7 also picked up the defaults I had set for ACR 6.7RC in CS5.  My defaults are ASA specific, so I have one for each ASA (41 defaults) the camera is capable of using.  All sliders were at default values except sharpening and noise reduction.  I also had Camera Portrait v4 selected for my Camera Profile. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points