• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the upgrade prices for education edition?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a student edition of CS 4 Premium in early 2010. I am unable to find anything on the Adobe store of where I can upgrade this to CS 5.5 Premium for student or teacher edition. Instead, I only see that I can purchase another student edition for $449.00. But to upgrade CS 4 to CS 5.5 it is $649.00? Why does it cost more to upgrade? Is there not a upgrade price for student or teacher edition? Not finding it anywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otter,

Is there not a upgrade price for student or teacher edition?

I am afraid not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would think that a new educational edition for substantially less than the normal upgrade price is a special upgrade price for students and teachers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pricing with Adobe is really upsetting me. They say the disadvantage to getting an education version of Creative Suite is that you aren't offered the upgrade pricing discount that normal customers get, you have to buy a new version each time you want one. OK, lets take a look at their product page. Someone upgrading CS5 Design Standard to 5.5 Standard has to pay $299, that's what they get for being a loyal customer. OK, now a student or teacher buying a brand new, non-upgrade, CS5.5 Design Standard has to pay......$299. Wait, what? A loyal repeat customer pays the same amount for the same product as someone who's never been with adobe before but is a student or teacher? That's great for students and teachers but it's kind of a slap in the face to loyal customers. Also, when you look at it, it's not a disadvantage at all to get the educational version like they say. CS5 to CS5.5 is the smallest upgrade and it's the same cost as a student or teacher would pay for a brand new version of CS5.5. So essentially they are upgrading for the same price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A full educational version costs less than a regular upgrade. What's to complain about?

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

A full educational version costs less than a regular upgrade. What's to complain about?

Harbs

He wants discount on discount (double discounts) that is what he seems to complain about but I may be wrong.  For example, I recently bought Delphi Suite for £70 (which normally costs £350) from the authorised dealer in London.  However, I am told next if I want to upgrade, I will need to pay the full price.  For me there won't be next time so I am not bothered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is that education versions are bought only once in their lifetime after which the students graduate and ready to earn big bucks.  Most courses at a college are of one semester, or at most two as far as CS products are concerned after that there is no need for the Adobe software!

After graduating, you are not strictly allowed to continue using the educational versions AFAIK.  Most people do but under the strict license terms this illegal.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legality of using education versions for commercial work depends on where you are.

In U.S. it's okay. In Europe it's not...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know whether this is a chinese forum? Why I can see some chinese here ,such as"上午"? I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you give us a link to where you are seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines