• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Acrobat X Standard silently while Office Apps are running

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possible? I have not had issues with previous versions but when I push this through SCCM to run silently, a popup still appears indicating that any open Office app and IE need to be closed before installation can continue. Acrobat 9 would install even if other apps were running. Am I missing a parameter or a Customization Wizard setting?

Thanks in advance...

--Joe.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Well, ignoreable enables the user to click on ignore if they want. Otherwise setup will quit if error/exception occurs. To completely supress the popup, i guess, there should be another way. Although, i tried it but didn't get any prompt. I had my Outlook and Word running. Did you select "Silent" or "Unattended"? Can you try giving it a shot using command prompt on any test machine? use /qn switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to look under Direct Editor -> "Apps In Use" section or "Dialog" section of Adobe Customization Wizard. In Dialog Section look for

CloseApps_Warning

~Sandeep V.         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sandeep.

I am looking in the Dialog section and see the CloseApps_Warning. This appears to be the popup box, but I want the box itself supressed, and for the installation to continue even if the apps are running. When I look in the AppsInUse section, I assume the Ignoreable column is what needs to be changed, but all of the apps that I mention in the original post are listed there with a 1 (TRUE?), so since they are ignoreable, I would think that this would supress the popup warning...

The installation needs to truly be silent, like Acrobat 9.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, ignoreable enables the user to click on ignore if they want. Otherwise setup will quit if error/exception occurs. To completely supress the popup, i guess, there should be another way. Although, i tried it but didn't get any prompt. I had my Outlook and Word running. Did you select "Silent" or "Unattended"? Can you try giving it a shot using command prompt on any test machine? use /qn switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Silently (no interface), Suppress reboot. Are you using Office 2007 or 2010? We are using a combination, but aree in the process of upgrading all to Office 2010. I tried on three systems (all Office 2010), and they all got the pop-up. I only have 60 or so to do (as opposed to some people that are installing thousands) but we still need it silent.

--Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the Direct Editor in the AppsInUse section, and drop the rows that list Excel, Outlook, etc...will the installation not look for those to be running, and therefore continue as needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installer will look for these applications and if they are running or if an exception is raised it won't prompt the user to ignore that. In other words, installation process cannot continue ignoring the exceptions. As in case of AAM, if any exception occurs installation won't give a prompt to Retry Cancel Continue. It will fail. However, for other Apps Running or for other small exceptions, user can ignore the exception and it will continue installing the software. If installer gets the permission to update the registry/file and embedd the plugin, it does that or it simply continues with other installation options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got 2010 installed on my machine. Acrobat 9 might now prompted coz you have 2010 as a major version of Office and Acrobat 9 does not embedd PDFMaker in 2010. So it was not dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 doesn't prompt. Only Acrobat X does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** Corrected: I have got 2010 installed on my machine. Acrobat 9 might not** prompted coz you have 2010 as a major version of Office and Acrobat 9 does not embedd PDFMaker in 2010. So it was not dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandeep

Thank you for your assistance. I got this working using the /qn instead of /q. Normally I use /qn but when I imported into SCCM, the command had /q (not /qn) and the TRANSFORM had the Silent (no interface)selected so I figured I was good with that. However, when I changed it to /qn, I was able to install Acrobat X while I had Outlook, Excel, Word, IE and Chrome running. The Acrobat ribbon tabs display once the application is closed and re-opened.

Thanks again.

--Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hehe... I am glad to hear that..

Cheers!!!

~Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines