Skip navigation
MRH_Lurie
Currently Being Moderated

Install Acrobat X Standard silently while Office Apps are running

Mar 28, 2012 10:57 AM

Is this possible? I have not had issues with previous versions but when I push this through SCCM to run silently, a popup still appears indicating that any open Office app and IE need to be closed before installation can continue. Acrobat 9 would install even if other apps were running. Am I missing a parameter or a Customization Wizard setting?

Thanks in advance...

--Joe.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

You might need to look under Direct Editor -> "Apps In Use" section or "Dialog" section of Adobe Customization Wizard. In Dialog Section look for

CloseApps_Warning

~Sandeep V.         

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

Well, ignoreable enables the user to click on ignore if they want. Otherwise setup will quit if error/exception occurs. To completely supress the popup, i guess, there should be another way. Although, i tried it but didn't get any prompt. I had my Outlook and Word running. Did you select "Silent" or "Unattended"? Can you try giving it a shot using command prompt on any test machine? use /qn switch.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

I have got 2010 installed on my machine. Acrobat 9 might now prompted coz you have 2010 as a major version of Office and Acrobat 9 does not embedd PDFMaker in 2010. So it was not dependent.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

Installer will look for these applications and if they are running or if an exception is raised it won't prompt the user to ignore that. In other words, installation process cannot continue ignoring the exceptions. As in case of AAM, if any exception occurs installation won't give a prompt to Retry Cancel Continue. It will fail. However, for other Apps Running or for other small exceptions, user can ignore the exception and it will continue installing the software. If installer gets the permission to update the registry/file and embedd the plugin, it does that or it simply continues with other installation options.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

** Corrected: I have got 2010 installed on my machine. Acrobat 9 might not** prompted coz you have 2010 as a major version of Office and Acrobat 9 does not embedd PDFMaker in 2010. So it was not dependent.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to MRH_Lurie

Hehe... I am glad to hear that..

Cheers!!!

~Sandeep V.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)