Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Lock File Error Message in FrameMaker 10

Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a multi-file book in FrameMaker (v.10.0.0.338), I'm receiving an error message that states, "Cannot Lock File. Cannot lock this file for your use. Your changes to it may conflict with the work of others." We're a small department, I'm the only one that works in this book, and I know no one else has opened these files. The error message gives me the option to "Continue" or "Cancel." Selecting "Continue" opens Save Document, but when I try to save I receive another message, "Save Document. The directory of disk t: is full. Choose another directory or disk." I work on a network drive, have rebooted, but no luck. I've used FrameMaker for years and have never experienced this issue. Thoughts?? Getting a bit desperate here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the drive out - sounds like permissions may have changed on you or you really are running out of space. The other thing is to look for .lck files that were left behind; sometimes they don't get cleared when you exit out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines