Skip navigation
Stantonup
Currently Being Moderated

I have Lightroom 4 and CS6 Beta and neither recognizes the raw files coming from the 5D Mark III

Mar 28, 2012 7:54 PM

Tags: #raw #lightroom_4 #cs6_beta #5d_mark_iii_raw

Now what do I do? Do I uninstall both and reinstall? What a pain since I have all these presets and actions! How come the raw files are not recognized?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 8:25 PM   in reply to Stantonup

There was a message on here yesterday from an Adobe insider saying that he knew people were anxious for some bug fixes so a new version of Lightroom4 would be released within the week.  I don’t know if that means before next Tuesday or by this Friday, but one can hope the cameras have been updated.  Who knows when another ACR 7 beta would come out, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 11:28 PM   in reply to Stantonup

Stantonup wrote:

Thank you! Glad to know the problem is not on my end!

In the meantime if you just can't wait to edit your 5D Mk III files (I know I couldn't ) you can get the DNG converter version 6.7RC and convert the .cr2 files to .dng where LR and PS can work with them.

See thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981620?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 3:49 AM   in reply to Stantonup

You can install Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate from Adobe Labs to Photoshop CS5 - it has initial 5D Mark III support, just lacking camera profiles like Portrait, Landscape and so on...

To use Lightroom you have to convert to DNG.

And by the way converting to DNG is a better way than rendering to TIFF using Canon's DPP if you plan to use Lightroom in the future.

Because when Lightroom will get native RAW support, you will be able to import original CR2 files and just copy settings from corresponding DNG's and get exactly identical results.

While this is not possible for TIFF's, because Lightroom knows nothing about settings applied by DPP during conversion from CR2 to TIFF.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to Stantonup

You could try the 4.1 RC that just posted.  Supports 5D Mark III raw files.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4-1/?tabID=details#tabTop

Zyg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:31 PM   in reply to Stantonup

dl the lr4.1 update still cant read 5d mkiii raw previews unavail anyone else still have this problem ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Stantonup

did the 4.1rc candidate work for you i still can read 5d mkiii raw files after installing it :-(

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to Stantonup

ill give it a another try now cheers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers