Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Panorama in CS6

Mar 28, 2012 9:25 PM

Tags: #cs6 #suggestion #photoshop_cs6_beta #cs6-beta

I have been trying to create a Panorama in CS6 the past couple of days. When it said I didn't have enough Ram the first time I went through my hard drive and got rid of a lot of things and also freed up a lot of space. I am still getting the same box when I try to use the selection tool to do the fill. It says cannot use automatic selection tool because there is not enough Ram. So am I doing something wrong? I am new to Photoshop and am trying this out for the first time. Thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to sunderland19

RAM = Memory on board for loading and processing programs

Hard drive = Storage device for data. This is the location some programs are able to emulate RAM (swap/page files).

Very different items. Access to RAM is very, very much faster.

If a program doesn't find enough RAM memory it doesn't do any good (in most cases) to clean up the hard drive.

How much RAM do you have installed and how much is allocated to CS6? Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Performance" to find out.

Ciao, Walter

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,925 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 2:42 AM   in reply to sunderland19

If you are short on RAM, then appart from closing all other programs, you could downsize the source files (by the same amount, of course) before merging.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to sunderland19

We still don't know if you have a real problem with your RAM or if it is software related. It's beta, after all and therefore definitely prone to such kind of hickups. So please tell us the numbers for RAM and dedicated memory for CS6.

Ciao, Walter

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to sunderland19

We'd need a lot more info. The best way, follow these directions:

FAQ: How do I share my System Information?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points