Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting forms for distribution

Level 1

I am currently designing several different forms for my department to use when carrying out various procedures. I am distributing them to my team and they fill them out whenever required then hit 'submit' to send them back to me. The problem I have is that when they come in, they all have the same subject message 'Submitting completed form'. Am I able to change this? Its not the end of the world because the attatchment carries the form name, it would be handy though when filtering my inbox.

Hope someone can help.

Kind regards

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Which submit button did you put on the form? One is programable and one is not. What woudl you want the subject to say?

Paul

Level 1

At the moment I am asking everyone to use the 'Submit' button in the acrobat reader. That way when I get it back it is tagged for tracking. If I send it out with an e-mail button, I'm not sure if I can open up a responses file for it?

Former Community Member

I see ...if you want to use tracking I do not know of a way to affect the email message.

Paul

Level 1

Is this still the case in the year 2012?

Former Community Member

To: theQuicker1

If you want to use Adobe tracking I don't think you have the ability to control the subject dynamically.

However, submitting to a server-side script is a better approach to using adobe tracking, and it has the ability to control the subject, body, e-mail to, cc, bcc by pulling data from form submission values.

PDFEmail.net server-side scripts can e-mail and attach the WHOLE PDF without 3rd party e-mail software such as OUTLOOK.

For more information on how to e-mail PDF form submission using ASP.net visit:

http://www.PDFEmail.net