Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Testing a 1024x768 Folio in PDF format on iPad 2 and iPad 3

Mar 29, 2012 6:16 AM

With the same Luminosity level, colors are less saturated on the iPad 3. I prefer the colors on the iPad 2, especially the yellow color of my client's logo !

Also it seems the iPad 3 displays more blues.

Quality of inline videos semmes native on the iPad 3, all the pixels are concentrated so the quality is much better on the 3.

The slight bluriness of photos on the iPad 2 renders the same photos better than on the iPad 3 because on the latter pixels are more sharp.

The quality of texts is of course better on the iPad 3 but I'm not impressed by a white (Registration 5%) text on a black background, I expected a higher quality than what I see on the iPad 2.

PDF rendering much faster, almost immediate.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 7:11 AM   in reply to blackmountain-agency

I found the color shift from ipad2 to ipad3 DRAMATIC. Feels like an entirely new color space. Working on a photo-driven dps app, I'm not sure what to tell the photographer! It makes Apple's lack of color profiles, and thus control, feel like a much more important issue. Maybe I have a particularly different ipad3. Anyone else shocked by the color change?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to dbrown_44

I agree 100%.  And I thought it was just me;) 

I MUCH PREFER the COLOR on the ipad 2.  All photos on my new ipad appear more washed out --less saturated and more blue.  However there is no question that the text and graphics are crisper.

So, you are absolutely not alone!

Guess it is time to send apple some feedback...

However, I remain a big fan.  Of course, the price tag on my new ipad makes me wish I had ordered the minimum hard drive.

Now, if the app store would just update the content viewer, I could move on!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to blackmountain-agency

I also noticed a considerable difference in color between iPad2 and iPad3 (with Retina Display). The iPad2 is the more accurate color. Is there anything we can do on the Adobe DPS side to correct this? Or is this exclusively an issue with Apple?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to April Clark

They're totally different screens, unfortunately. In some ways it's like the web: you really don't have any control over the colour accuracy of the display device your customer uses

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points