Skip navigation
Gesyca
Currently Being Moderated

Paste a form onto a pdf?

Mar 29, 2012 5:58 AM

Tags: #acrobat #pdf #adobe #forms #form #pdf_forms #fields #acrobat_pro #acrobat_9_forms #acrobat-form #acrobat_forms #fillable #acrobat-pro #acrobat_9_pro

I am trying to find a way to create a little interactivity to pdf documents. i scan in my records as pdfs but need to track certain peices of information for them, i tried to create a dynamic stamp but it flattens once its created meaingin i cannot edit it later. i have 6 form fields that i would need to fill out, then place that on the first page of the document. i don't want to have to create a whole new page in teh file just to fill out 6 pieces of information. is there a way to place my little form on top of the first page and still be abel to use it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 6:43 AM   in reply to Gesyca

You can create Dynamic stamps that prompt for the information prior to the placement of the stamps or add form fields and have the stamp pickup the data from the form fields.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 5:48 PM   in reply to Gesyca

See these tutorials

How do I customize a stamp? by Lori DeFurio

Dynamic Stamp Secrets by Thom Parker

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to Gesyca

I think using dynamic stamps for this is a bit of an overkill.

A simple script can be used to add the fields in a pre-defined location on the first page with a single click, or you can create a template page with the fields, and then copy them from it, paste in your document, and move to their place.

All of this will be much easier to implement than to learn how to create a dynamic custom stamp.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to Gesyca

Exactly how did you create the template?

There is form wizard in Acrobat that can convert a Word form into a PDF form.

If you use OpenOffice.org you can create a form with fields and convert that directly to a form with fields.

Then you insert that PDF form into your scanned  PDF, convert  the form page into a template and then overlay that template onto your PDF and fill in the form fields. Now delete the template from your PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points