is there any news about the next version of Configurator?
It's long time since I've heard someone at Adobe talking about it (maybe I've missed it). Adobe is moving fast forward (Creative Cloud, annual release cycles) and I'm afraid they may drop the whole project. It's on the Adobe Labs, by the way, and technologies in the Labs may be subject to sudden abandon.
We are currently working on Configurator 3. I am pleased to say that it will have some new features and we hope to have a prerelease version soon. Probably within a couple of weeks.
Jonathan Ferman | Configurator Product Manager
We have now posted the first prerelease version of Configurator 3 on various Prerelease Programs including Photoshop, InDesign and CS Extension Builder. If you would like to be on the prerelease for Configurator 3 but do not have access to the prerelease programs mentioned please get in touch with me. We'd love to have you try it out!
I distribute Panels on my website http://www.myphotoshopeffects.com/. Could you please send me a copy of Configurator 3 to update my panels? I will send my feedback in return.
As an officer in our local Photogtaphy club, It would greatly be appreciated if you could send me Configurator 3 for CS6. I am constantly submitting processed Photoshop photo's and configurator 3 would speed up the process.
Hi Jonathan, I've just been going through my panels in Config 2 and updating all the actions and panel names (no spaces) so they work with CS6.
I have written articles and made my panels available to other users http://www.exposingfashion.com/2011/02/07/adobe-configurator-everythin g-you-need-nothing-you-dont/
I'd like to put Configurator through it's paces.
Would it be possible to get a copy of configurator 3. I have a free actions kit used by a lot of people and I am already getting emails about updating the panel.
Many Thanks In Advance.
I've been building panels for Photoshop using Configurator since version 1. I was wondering if I could get access to Configurator 3 to make sure a smooth upgrade will be present when my company upgrades to CS6 in a few weeks.
Name: Shawn Flanagan
I am using windows 7 with photoshop cs5, i had downloaded configurator 2 but never could get it to load the panels into photoshop. I am wondering is this issue going to be fixed in configurator 3 ?
That issue sounds specific to your machine. I am also using Windows 7 with Photoshop CS5, and have had no issues getting my panels to load into Photoshop.
Could you provide more information about your machine (32 or 64-bit) and how you were trying to load them into Photoshop? I may be able to help you get them loaded.
my machine was just built recently, all works well untill i export, when i choose the panels folder it gives message can not load to panels folder. Tried exporting to desktop, that worked , but when i try to move or copy to panels folder it says i dont have permission ( i checked and i am logged on as administator) tried to use adobe extention manager and cant get it to move to there either. i am using windows 7 64 bit intel 2600 processor, asus mother board .. dont know what else you need to know, thank you so much for trying to help
That sounds like an issue with 64-bit Windows 7 permissions. I also have Windows 7 64-bit, and I noticed the permission thing as well. All I have to do is click "continue" and then it works.
When you try copying your panels folder from your desktop, does the permission pop-up have a continue button? When I try to do this, I see the following:
After clicking continue, it moves my folder into the panels directory and allows me to open Photoshop and see my extensions listed in the "Window -> Extensions" menu.
If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I can show you a different way through Extension Manager.
i know about that window , that is not the window i get , i do not have an option to click at all. i would appreciate the extention manager method. and thank you so much in advance
(update) i can export to desktop, then move to the panels directory but when i open photoshop it does not show up in the extention window
( update 2 ) not sure what i did but i got one to show up in photoshop ty for your help
The main thing to make it work with Extension Manager in Windows 7 64-bit is to make sure you have Extension Manager running as administrator. I can do a quick overview of each step to make sure we're on the same track.
1. Open your panel in Configurator 2.0.
2. Go to "File -> Export Panel"
3. Export to your desktop
4. If there are no permission problems, you will see a "successfully exported" dialog box. Click OK
5. Right-click on your icon for Adobe Extension Manager, and choose "run as administrator". If you don't have a shortcut icon to Extension Manager, you can add one quickly to your desktop, just to make sure you can right-click it and choose "run as administrator"
6. In Extension Manager, choose "File -> Package ZXP Extension". CS4 & Configurator 1.0 used MXP extensions, but CS5 & Configurator 2.0 use ZXP extensions
7. Select the MXI file in your panel folder that was exported to your desktop
8. Save as a ZXP file in the same folder
9. If there are no permission problems, you will see a "successfully created" dialog box. Click OK
10. Still in Extension Manager, go to "File -> Install Extension"
11. Choose the ZXP file for your panel and select Open
12. If there are no permission problems, you will see a "successfully installed" dialog box. Click OK
13. Now you should see your panel listed in the extension manager list for Photoshop CS5. Make sure the "Enabled" checkbox next to your panel is checked
14. Open Photoshop and go to "Window -> Extensions". If everything was successful, you will see your panel listed in this submenu. Click on it to open your panel
If these steps don't solve your problems, let me know where the issue is appearing and I can try to help you out. My guess is that it would be related to your Windows 7 user account's permissions level.
Europe, Middle East and Africa