Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

My site doesn't work when I upload to my own web host, but it's fine in Preview or BC. Why?

May 3, 2012 3:37 PM

I have uploaded my site via FTP to my own web hosting and my site is broken. My menus and slideshows don't work, my styles are all missing... everything is shifted to the left. What has happened and how can I fix it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 26, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

My site doesn't work when online either.  Everytime I upload - I send all files. Haven't done any edditing on it in several weeks, was working before, but not now. What has changed?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

I have a site that was working fine until today (10/9/13). I have not made any changes to the site recently, and even viewed the site without issue yesterday. I have since deleted everything on my FTP and tried to reupload with the same issue. All of the site's formatting is missing. What's going on???? I NEED HELP ASAP!

***I also tried resetting my site's permissions on my host (network solutions) with no luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 4:43 AM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

I'm having huge trouble also - I'm uploading everything, but only a single logo is showing now!!

Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

I'm suddenly having the same problems.  Some pictures only partially load, whereas a week ago everything worked fine.  I have a slideshow embedded on my site that worked perfectly before and doesn't now, even on Adobe catalyst.  The fonts aren't appearing as they ought to, as well.  Something has changed within the software between then and now and it's really throwing me for a loop.  Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 12:04 PM   in reply to AEgbert

Has anyone found a solution to their problem? My website loads correctly locally (folder structure on the computer). But after uploading it via ftp, the only thing that loads is the index.html. None of the pictures or anything comes through.

www.redeyefilmco.com

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

Mine is still not working properly either, and I've removed all files and uploaded EVERYTHING again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 9:08 AM   in reply to trevorward

trevorward, the permissions on the uploaded folders are set incorrectly so the browser can't access the files in those folders. What FTP app are you using? CyberDuck and some other FTP clients ommonly get the folder permissions wrong. Filezilla doesn't have this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to imjustjanie

imjustjanie, what's the URL for your site?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 6:28 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I don't have it up there anymore - It was for a site I wanted to re-do (originally done by someone else in php)- I spent hours working on it in muse and just as I had it the way I wanted,  on the preview, through case catalyst, but when I sent it ftp (cyberduck) to our site hosted by godaddy, nothing was in place, the navigation bars were not working the way they were.  After getting NO help through Adobe,  I've started rebuilding it from scratch through dreamweaver.  I can't even get to the current updated files on this computer because the sync doesn't work anymore, it turns off after a minute or so, without syncing anything - I will be cancelling my cc account on March 1st if everything is not as it is supposed to be, paying $30 a month for a year, and wanting to increase to $50 something? I don't think so. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 8:10 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Zak, that's it!!! Thank you so much. It was a permissions thing. I just changed the permissions using cPanel and everything is working. I normally use Cyberduck to ftp.

Trevor

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 8:25 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Zak, I'm continually having a similar issue. Whenever I try to upload to FTP site (ipage.com), it continually freezes. Maybe 1 of 10 uploads processes correctly. I've tried every trick mentioned (new Save As, checking permissions, deleting the current site files) and nothing has helped. What is going on?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 9:12 AM   in reply to jfacts@gmail.com

jfacts, I assume you're referring to the File > Upload to FTP Host... feature within Muse? Who are you hosting with? How large is your .muse file? Does File > Export as HTML... work without a problem?

In some cases a hosting provider's FTP will frequently timeout during upload of a large file, esp. over a slow connection. We may need to get a copy of your .muse file so we can attempt to reproduce the hang working with your hosting provider.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:25 AM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

I am having intermitent problems with my site. Yesterday pages were not loading correctly when they have been working fine for months. I finally had to export from a fresh Muse file and reupload everything. Things seem to be okay now, but I want to figure out if the issue is on my end (how I constructed the site in Muse), an issue with my host server, or bugs in Muse to hopefully prevent this from happening again. Any recommendation on how to pinpoint this?

Background: the issue yesterday was some images not loading, the top nav bar was misaligned on one page only (this is a master item in my muse file), and on the phone version of my site some slideshows will load fine while others won't. Also an accordian menu was not showing up once uploaded but I could see it locally when I'd open that page's html file.

My site: vehiclesf.com

There are separate tablet and phone versions as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 12:33 PM   in reply to kdl_vehicle

I started using FileZilla instead of Muse's built in FTP feature because I

noticed the same problem, the Muse FTP wasn't working right.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2014 10:18 AM   in reply to TruthC

Thanks for the reply, but I haven't been using the Muse FTP feature. I export to HTML and use Transmit to upload to my server. Maybe Transmit is causing problems, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2014 11:48 PM   in reply to Adobe Muse FAQ

It is simple to use FTP ..FileZila uploading... check this...http://www.corelangs.com/html/website/upload-website.html

Darren.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points