Skip navigation
ERC1954
Currently Being Moderated

How to move photos from Win 7 Media to Adobe Reader 10?

Mar 29, 2012 9:20 AM

I am compiling a group of original photos to register with the copyright office.  They are typically 5 - 6 MB each.  Is there a way to publish the photos to Adobe Reader so I don't need to send over 200 separate emails?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to ERC1954

Why want you convert the photos into PDF format?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to ERC1954

Typically, you would create a layout document using a desktop publishing application such as Adobe InDesign and put together all of your photos in whatever arrangement you think is best. Then you would use Adobe Acrobat to create a PDF out of that document (Although with InDesign, you don't need Acrobat since it can create PDF's natively).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:21 PM   in reply to ~graffiti

If you want a seperate image per page, you could also just use Acrobat to convert all of your image files to a multi-page PDF.

At any rate, Reader will not be helpful for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to ERC1954

That isn't related to PDF files.

They want you to gather your image files and Zip them.

More info at www.winzip.com

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to ERC1954

Put the photos (or copies of them) inside a new folder, right click on its icon, go down to Send To, and choose Compressed Folder. Names may not be exactly the same, as my OS is in Spanish. However, if they are 200 5MB files, I very much doubt that the compressed file will be small enough to be sent by email.

A PDF file may work, but you don't seem to have any of the programs that are necessary to produce one. I seem to remember there is a service in the web for producing PDFs for a fee but as have never used it, I have forgotten the details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 3:38 AM   in reply to Claudio González

As Claudio mentions, most email servers are severely limited in the message size.  Most mail servers I know would not even allow one single email message with an attachment size of 5-6MB.

Ask the recipient if they have another way of receiving large documents, e.g. upload via FTP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points