Skip navigation
scottylad02
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 - Beta or not

Mar 29, 2012 1:58 PM

How come when downloading what is supposed to be a Beta version of this software do you get the option of having a Trial version or one in which you can enter a serial number? I have had many Beta versions of other products and they usually only require an email address to activate and will usually expire when the product goes on general release? Is this just Adobe testing the water or is it an actual Beta and if thats the case thenhow can there be an expiry? aren't Betas for testing purposes and to help iron out bugs? how will one know if the product is any good if they're not able to continually assess until the general release?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to scottylad02

Yes, this is a beta version of software. If you select TRY, then you don't have to enter a serial number. This should make it easier for you than dealing with a serial number during your use of this software. When signing up for an Adobe Id, you will enter your email and also have access to other Adobe features. You will be able to "continually assess" this software until the final version is shipped.Please see the links below regarding serial number and Adobe Id.

Thanks. Enjoy the free trial and let us know if you see any issues.

Pattie

FAQ: How do I activate the Photoshop CS6 beta?

FAQ: Do I need a serial number to install the Photoshop CS6 Beta?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points