Skip navigation
Suprem026
Currently Being Moderated

PDF/A-1b error

Mar 29, 2012 2:19 PM

Tags: #pdf/a-1b

Hi Everyone,

I created a PDF/A-1b from an existing PDF files using Adobe Acrobat (version 9.5.0) Professional Preflight profile "Convert to PDF/A-1b (sRGB) (It is running in Windows XP). The PDF was converted successfully to PDF/A-1b. However when I checked the converted files, some of links no longer works. Then I found out that some of the Named Destinations' Page numbers are gone. I also tried to process the same files in the same version of Acrobat but running in Windows 7 Professional, and output has no problem.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or compatibility problem. Does anyone already encountered the same problem? If you know the answer or solution to this problem, I would really appreciate if you can share it with me. Thanks and more power!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to Suprem026

Hi Suprem026,

Sorry, your mail was just today brought to my attention by Adobe support, I apologize for the lateness.

The way Preflight creates and validates PDF/A, as well as they way the Acrobat program itself has maintained PDF/A viewing support has changed quite a bit since Adobe first introduced PDFA in Distiller 7.0.  The creation and support of PDF/A has improved immensely from version to version, especially as the standard itself becomes more ubiquitous.   Having said that, the behavior you describe does sound like a bug.  Have you had a chance to try the same process out on a system with Acrobat 10?

Your mail doesn't divulge much information about the file itself.  It apparently has internal links  that became non-functional.  Probably the best thing is if I were able to actually look at your file, if that is OK with you. If that isn't feasible, then give me a step-by-step description on how to replicate this particular case.  I would also be curious to know that if you do this, that you are able to reproduce the behavior you describe.  If not, it is possible there are other things going on with that particular file.

Thanks

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points