Skip navigation
xtiantoth2
Currently Being Moderated

I am not able to open my files from Adobe Bridge and sometimes from file managers, what to do?

Mar 29, 2012 2:56 PM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #acrobat #bridge #indesign #file_opening

I am not able to open my files from Adobe Bridge and I am not able to drag files from it into Indesign, Photoshop or Acrobat (I think it's the same with Illustrator too). Further Indesign, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat sometimes do not open files when I double click them in Windows Explorer, Total Commander or even Bridge. The only stable way to open all files is through file/open which is very annoying. What can I do to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to xtiantoth2

It seems to be teh file association issue ,

CAn you check what is the default aplication selected for the indd, psd and the pdf file on your computer?

Also please specify the version of the Indesign , acrobat and the windows you are on?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to xtiantoth2

Check the file association in the Brdige,

Go to Edit>Preferences>file association in the bridge and check the file association there for the indesin and the psd file.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to xtiantoth2

Check after reseting the preferences of the bridge ,

•  
      Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appear  or press the Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) and then luanch bridge.
    • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK

Also check in the new user account does it work for you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points