Skip navigation
TDub731
Currently Being Moderated

How do I see my open documents in Photoshop?

Mar 30, 2012 7:35 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #lion #mac #photoshop_cs5 #macbook_pro #document_window

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended on a MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2011) running Mac OS X 10.7.3. When I open a document in Photoshop, the document window is nowhere to be found yet it allows me to edit things within the document via double-clicking layers in the layers panel. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

I've tried opening multiple documents at once, using the "arrange windows" option, and changing the workspace, all to no avail.

The only thing I have found to help is restarting the entire system each time. This isn't something I want to continue to do.

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to TDub731

You have the dual GPUs in that system?

Try disabling the power-saving option, so that only the more powerful GPU is operational.  That's been seen to work around driver issues with that setup in the past.

Good luck!

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to TDub731

It might be opening it in a display that is off or not connected.  Check to make sure you have your display option in OS set correctly.

Another option is it is very small.  If you click on image/canvas size is it normal?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points