Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

new motherboard, Lightroom still work?

Mar 30, 2012 9:17 AM

Hello,

I have been having someissues with my laptop so I will be sending it in for repair while it is still under warrenty. They are most likely going to upgrade the mother board so I have a question, whill Lightroom install on my replacement motherboard? I have the Lightroom 4 upgrade and I know it only has a one pc install license and that Lightroom registers with the motherboard to determine how many pcs it has been installed on. Is there anything I need to do to de-register it from my current mother board?

Thanks,

Brandon

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to BCormier

New mother board has nothing to do with Lightroom.

If they keep the same hard disk, you are fine.

I have the Lightroom 4 upgrade and I know it only has a one pc install license and that Lightroom registers with the motherboard to determine how many pcs it has been installed on.

100% incorrect. Again, it is your hard disk, not your motherboard, where the LR registration is stored.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 9:42 AM   in reply to BCormier

Lightroom doesn't use authentication.  If you have your serial numbers, that's all you should need, and if they only replace the motherboard, then LR will still have the numbers and you shouldn't need to do anything (unlike with PS).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points