Skip navigation

Is Flash Player crashing on your computer?

Jan 24, 2012 2:24 PM

Tags: #flash #crash #bug #player #up #lock #hang
  Latest reply: Chris Campbell, May 18, 2012 5:44 PM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks Chris,

I tried the links to create a bug report and received ERROR 404 and blank page

My problems in childish

I have been getting intermittent crashes and script errors but not enough to report,  but during the last 3 day - the game has been unplayable 

My Facebook Pioneerville games just crashes every 5 minutes on Chrome, every 15 mins on IE9 and Maxathon 3. I have been getting intermittent crashes and script errors but not enough to report.

As I use Chrome and only tested the other two to see if the game or browser.  Might be game & Facebook.

But here goes,  here doesnt go,  I cant copy and paste the info here,  could i please get some help.

Crashes Occur  on

Win & Home Ver 6.1.7601 SP 1 build 7601 & XP SP 3

Chrome ver 17.0.963.83

Flash ver 11.1.102.63

Thank you for your help

J

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 11:18 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks Chris,

I am going to have to admit that I am not well versed in Win 7  ....  have

no idea how to find 'hidden files'  know how to do this in XP so will test

on the PC as well and do some reading up,  and see if I can follow,  but

got stuck when it said to Show Hidden Files,  Unfortunately  I dont have

Appearance and personalisation under Control Panel,  I do have

Personalisation which is themes.

So I am stuck again.

Thanks for being helping.  I am learning a lot this week

Regards

Janina

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

We have had 5 users running windows 7 install the Adobe Flash update and they are all experiencing random reboots even when they are not using a browser at the time. We are not seeing any errors in the windows application or system log reguarding the cause of the reboot , but they are creating windows dump logs. Our only fix so far has been to uninstall Adobe Flash. Any ideas of what could be causing this? 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to Gambit740

Dear Mark: One more question, before I embark on replacing the sound card. To absolutely make sure, sound card is my problem, suppose I uninstalled the driver for realtek, followed by disabling the onboard audio. So I will have no sound. If my flash player still crashes, can we deduce that it is not the sound card, may be it is something else?

--Thanks again for your help

--Cheers

--gajananam

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Apr 1, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to Gajananam

Hi Gajananam,

Yeahhh, I thought that. Sadly mine still crashed after I'd uninstalled and disabled. Only after I put the card in did it work.

Maybe ask a friend if you can borrow theirs, you must know someone who has a sound card...

Other option is buy one and if it doesn't fix it take it back.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to Gambit740

Dear Mark: Thanks--you already tried that, so I do not have to. As you had mentioned before, only certain sound cards are compatible with my desktop, right? So I need to get only one of those, and all my friends have only windows 7 32-bit laptops, and I have a windows 7 64-bit desktop.

I suppose I can buy one and return it (as you have suggested).

--Thanks again

--gajananam

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Gajananam

It's not really a case of   "only certain sound cards are compatible with your desktop"   The old sound card format of ISA was replaced by PCI and that has been replaced by PCI-e as they become obsolete, the manufacturers naturally remove them from their motherboards.

Don't worry about having to buy PCI-e, the reason why you only have PCI-e slots on your motherboard is, because it's the best!

You don't have to get one off the list I mentioned, any PCI-e (PCI Express as it's often called) will be fine.

Note. Some sound cards like my Asus Xonar DX require power. Which mine gets from the power lead that would feed a floppy drive. Most likely there will be an adaptor in the box anyway, just remember to plug it in.

I hope it works for ya!

Mark.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to Gambit740

Daer Mark: Thanks a bunch for your advice (as you can tell, I am very naive in these things). I will get a cheap PCI-e card and try it out.

--Cheers

--gajananam

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to Gajananam

gajananam...do please post if this fixes your issue as still, have not ordered the sound card for my build as of yet...just want to be at least more than likely that this will fix my problem as well.

On a side not latest patch did fix video crash error I was recieving on older comp so good news there

Also Gambit I noticed when you listed your components   you just have onboard sound listed...if you don't mind what chipset/make was it. Also do you have digital speakers or analog speakers...I've noticed alot of sound cards saying digital (PCI E) that is found only 1 cheap $17 card that actually said digital/analog on it. Was wondering cause I just have old left right and sub speaker set up with single plug & was wondering if thats going to cause future problems with sound quality. As it is now I only get minimal sound out of left and right and hardly none out of sub...no bass just treble...I know this is off topic but I figured I had all these ?'s to ask so why not . Thnx for your input as always

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Malikye Mirage

Hi Malikye,

Yep, when I listed components I was crashing like a good-un. Asus M5A97 PRO uses the Realtek ALC892

For my speakers I have a semi vintage Creative DTT2200 5.1 system (roughly 10yrs old) This uses the same end jacks as the standard headphone system (TRS). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

Don't worry about sound cards saying "digital" that's how the card's input from the game media player... blah, blah, blah, is handled. Which makes it faster than analogue. It's not refering to what speaker jack the card will allow you to plug in. The industry standard "TRS connector" (speaker jack) is accepted by pretty much all sound cards. As long as you can see TRS Jack input shown in the link picture ---> (round holes) you'll be fine. http://i1.expansys.com/img/g/197153/turtle-beach-montego-ddl-pc-sound- card-with-5-1-surround-sound.jpg

Hope that helps,

Mark.

PS. You're not going to get great sound out of standard desktop satellite speakers. If you want bass you're really looking at getting a seperate sub or even better; 5.1 surround. Modern creative 5.1 systems similar to mine are about £50 on Ebayat the moment, which isn't mega bucks and if you combine it with a half decent sound card the difference will blow you away. ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Malikye Mirage

Dear Malikye: Definitely I will post as soon as I have installed a new sound card. Chris Campbell first wants to eliminate any memory issues; so am doing a memtest86, etc to eliminate that issue, before going to the sound card replacement.

--cheers

--gajananam

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to Gajananam

Thanks Gambit & Gajananam for your quick replies and I look foward to that positive outcome . As for the speaker issue, I just wanted to make sure the poor quality that I was getting wasn't speaker related...now I know for sure that realtek apparently has a 75% fail rate with their onboard sound chipsets...with one issue or another....turns out me and gambit has the same chipset the Realtek ALC892. It apparently is just crap. I will try that memtest 86 to make sure thats not the issue either.

As always thanks for your help

welll here it is Monday, April 23... I broke down and bought a sound card.

SYBA SD-PEX63034 7.1 Channels 24-bit 48KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Surround Sound Digital/Analog Audio Card

It was just a(n) el cheapo sound card $17 bucks but I'm hoping this will fix the problem.....if it doesn't my last option will be to update the bios and pray it all works out. Have been skeptical about doing that cause other than this issue with flash and the sound being crap everything runs awesomly. Now if the crappy sound card does fix the problem and the sound is just poor then I may go for a better card then.... will prob be a week before I get the card so will have to wait and see.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi there,

After updating Adobe Air and Flash Player yesterday I've been experiencing issues when playing back YouTube videos - my system crashes and the only way to resolve the issue is a hard reset. I read about the ESET issue but I was already running version 5.x. I've since switched from ESET Smart Security to Bitdefender 2012 and the issue still persists. Just letting you know that it may not work for everyone all the time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Gambit740

Dear Mark: Here is an update on my attempts. Got a PCI sound blaster card and when I opened my hpe-180 t pc to remove the realtek and insert the soundblaster, I was totally flummoxed!!!

Hpe 180-t seems to have one PCI-E slot with integrated Video/Audio in one card; i.e. there is no separate pci slot for sound. The realtek HD audio card seems to be integrated with the Graphics card. What is your advice? One possibility is to get another integrated videio/audio card and replace the existing one.

--Cheers

--gajananam

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to Gajananam

Hi Gajananam,

Can you open your case and send me a pictureof the inside, also send me a picture of the rear of the case.

Thanks,

Mark.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks, Chris. I've gone and made a new discussion in the main forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris, Just a note to let you know i dowloaded the update you mentioned recently. Face book Zynga games now load and play!. But still have many crashes. Now even crashes when loading games on Chrome. I give up! Guess I'll just keep refreshing and swearing at Adobe! Very dissapointed in Adobe. I started using chrome as my main program when IE started crashing so much. Now Chrome is doing the same thing. Thanks for your help Chris. At least you have tried!

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:38 PM

To: sniderrick3

Subject: Re: Is Flash Player crashing on your computer? Is Flash Player crashing on your computer?

Re: Is Flash Player crashing on your computer?

created by Chris Campbell in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion https://apps.facebook.com/cityville/?ref=bookmarks&count=0

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Gambit740

Well I've added the new sound card...The sound improved greatly but the crashes still occur on some games...like castleville....I never could get it to crash while playing games on Kongregate like before....I'm sure the newer flash update helped aswell....hopefully more future updates of flash and better FB games will stop this problem...it's more than likely a script running while on FB thats causing the problem..would be my guess.... also if you didn't notice my edited post the sound card I used was a

SYBA SD-PEX63034 7.1 Channels 24-bit 48KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Surround Sound Digital/Analog Audio Card

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to Malikye Mirage

Have you disabled the onboard sound card in the bios?

Do that the nrun Driver sweeper from here. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to Gambit740

Havent had a single crash lately. Really improvement and i am very happy.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

hi chris can you please take a look here ?

HERE

i have tryed any possible way to instal the latest version of adobe but with no luck

and then i have found the beta version i have installed succesfully but it crashes all the time

this is when i try to instal adobe flash player latest version(not beta)

Capture.PNG

And then after a few seconds this image appear

Capture2.PNG

Capture4.PNG

what could it be the cause?

thank you

Note :

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5315

Capture3.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to kello30

Kello30,

Try the removal tool, then install it again.

Removal tool.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Macromedia-Flash-Playe r-Uninstaller.shtml

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Gambit740

i have tried that too...same problem

Adobe Flash Player did not install successfully

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to kello30

If it were me and it was pi**ing me off that much, I'd go throught regedit deleting all entries for "flashplayer" (1 word) and try and install.

I had the same "flash player did not install" shi*. But I can't recall what I did...... It was probably that above.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I thought I was going bonkers, but knowing I'm not the only one that's having a problem is calming.

I play the zynga games on facebook and after playing a while the game stops and shows what appears to look like a circle on/off button.

I've tried different browsers (IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Dragon, Maxthon, SeaMonkey, Opera) and still happens, have also tried going to zynga.com and it happens.

Everything on my computer is up to date and I cleared all history, cookies, sites, etc. and even the trash can.  Vacuumed out and dust or debris, gave my computer an enthusiastic overhaul, short of buying anything new (can't afford it).  Still the same problem :-(

From what I can tell reading this thread is that if I rollback the flash player I might not have this problem :-) That's something I'm going to try, don't care if some sites won't work, I can just update then rollback again :-)

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to ErnPhoenix

Welcome to the club ErnPhoenix! I have reinstalled everything 3 times, constantly dump cache, etc. Have friends who are quitting the games due to these problems. Have contacted Adobe as well as Zynga. Adobe just can’t fix their products ! I have also tried several operating systems. My laptop is just over a year old, so is current. It’s damn frustrating. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:17 AM   in reply to sniderrick3

I;m going to change my OS today...and if after this new install works the same i will try to find another way to use an old version of flash player...maybe it will work that way

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to kello30

I thought it was my browser fault but no.

Zrzut ekranu 2012-05-11 (godz. 13.01.13).png

It eats my CPU Power, how I can fix it??

I tried to reinstall flash but it didn't helped my.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to AdobeFlash391

it's not your browser....two days ago i have reinstaled my windows...and then tried to instal flash player last version...dint work...

only versions that work instaled are beta version that have many crashes,BUT i have instaled an old version of flash player and let him do his updates...and now i have latest version on my pc

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

EVERYONE WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM...UNINSTALL ANY VERSION YOU HAVE ON YOUR PC INSTALL AN OLD VERSION OF FLASH PLAYER AND THEN AFTER HE MAKE HIS UPDATES YOU WILL HAVE THE LATEST VERSION INSTALLED ON YOUR PC / LAPTOP

i will put this link because i can find on adobe site this version...i hope i'm not wrong

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER TORRENT

Message was edited by: kello30 today 12.05.2012 08:31 AM

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to kello30

Thank you for replay,

But I have Mac, read details here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/953857?

Idk where I can download older version.

////////

I thought it was my browser fault but no. Now I'm in Chrome.

Zrzut ekranu 2012-05-11 (godz. 13.01.13).png

It eats my CPU Power, how I can fix it??

I tried to reinstall flash but it didn't helped my.

It happens when flash is in site (no matter it is little ads or youtube movie etc.)

//////////

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 10:58 PM   in reply to AdobeFlash391

hi you should try THIS  or you can try it HERE

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

thank you Chris,and please accept my apologies for posting those links,but i did it to help,not for other meanings

it seems now that the only way to have the latest update of flash is to install an older version then he will make his own updates and we will have the last one...if you try tu install directly the last version it will not install

Thanks again Chris for being with us and helping

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey Chris, I have tried to update flash for my IE operating system, but it says my chrome has the latest version and keeps it up to date. Can’t use IE because it won’t even load the games I play on FB. Games work on chrome WITH MANY CRASHES! Any ideas? Thanks for your help! Rick

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)