Skip navigation
Anissa22m
Currently Being Moderated

Missing templates in the print module of Lightroom 3.

Mar 30, 2012 9:58 AM

I'm running the most updated version of Lightroom, but I am missing the templates under the Print Module. I've read other posts that mention the same issue, but there is no mention as to how or if the problem was fixed. Anyone know what to do? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Anissa22m

Which templates are missing?

Default Lr templates or the user templates that you created?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to Anissa22m

OK. Which templates - in which Module?

Develop Module, Print Module?

Where were you looking for the templates?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to Anissa22m

Sorry, I hadn't read the header of your post. So, OK, you miss the Print Templates.

Can you not see them on the left side of the Print Module? Are they maybe not expanded?

This is what they lookl like if not expanded.

TemplateBrowser.JPG

You then have to click on the small triangle to expand them. Then they look like this:

TemplatesPrint.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to Anissa22m

Anissa22m,

You wrote: "when I click on Lightroom Templates to expand it... nothing drops down"

There's something definitively wrong here; you should see the list as in my previous screen shot.

You might have to un-install and re-install Lr. Before you do that make a note of the name and location of your catalog file, so that you can load it once Lr has been re-installed.

Open Lr and go >Edit >Catalog Settings >General tab. There it tells you the name and location of your catalog file. If you click on <Show> you will be taken directly to the location. The catalog is the file ending in < .lrcat>. Make a note of its exact name and location. Then close Lr and in your OS proceed to uninstalling LR.

After the re-installation of Lr go >File >Open catalog and navigate to the location of your catalog. Lr will then open with your catalog created before the un-install.

Before you do the un-install and re-install you might try to delete and replace the Preference file. This file sometimes gets "funny" which results in all kinds of weird behavior in Lr.

See here how to delete and replace the Preference file: http://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points