Skip navigation
DigitalEngGuy
Currently Being Moderated

Elements Organizer 10 terminates after a few seconds, PC crashes after a few minutes

Mar 29, 2012 4:45 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I installed Photoshop+Premiere Elements from the Adobe online store.  Within a couple of days, I noticed that Elements organizer would crash within a minute of starting, sometime withing a few seconds.

Also, even when I wasn't running Adobe, my PC would freeze after a few minutes with the HDD light solidly on.  My PC had never crashed before this installation.

After a little sleuthing using task manager, I found that all the memory in my system (4GB) gets suddenly hogged (within seconds) by the "Elements Organizer" process (3GB) ... I found the service correspponding to this process, "Adobe Active File Monitor v10", stopped it and set autostart to manual.  My PC no longer crashes.

I think Adobe needs to look into this one - it has all the hallmarks of a nasty memory leak.

A couple of possible clues as to why certain systems don't take well to this service:

- I have a few very large video clips (2hours+) on my PC

- I installed trial products like light room, CS5 before settling on Photoshop+Premiere Elements - could leftovers after uninstalling cause conflicts?

- I have other video editors on my system that I don't use, like Corel VideoStudio and Sony Vegas.

Thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 11:25 AM   in reply to DigitalEngGuy

Hi,

Do you still see these issues? Can you enable the logs and help us understand this problem better by sending the logs to us? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 12:53 AM   in reply to DigitalEngGuy

I have exactly the same problem, about 5 minutes after PC boot ElementsAutoAnalyzer take 4GB memory and freeze my computer, the only one way to restart the computer is to power off/on the machine.

After the reboot, I kill quickly the ElementsAutoAnalyzer process.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points