Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there anyway to copy full sets of layer groups from a PSD to a FW PNG?

Mar 30, 2012 1:42 PM

Tags: #photoshop #fireworks #layer #workflow #groups

I am moving artwork from a PSD based document flow to a FW PNG workflow, however I cannot grab full sets of layer groups and their organization structure from a PSD I have to manually grab elements from a certain group and then paste them into individual groups for organization in the new file. This is horrendously innefficient. Is there a better way to do this that I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 4:27 PM   in reply to SNDS117

Sure. Open the PSD in Fireworks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to SNDS117

Is your hierarchy different between the two files?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to SNDS117

Barring opening the PSD in Fireworks and using THAT as the starting point for a template, I don't know of any way to copy/paste from Photoshop to Fireworks, while retaining the layer structure.

If you opt for the option of opening the PSD in FW, you can save it as a PNG, or use the extension below to copy layer structure and content from one file to another.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& extid=1750522

Hierarchical Layer Copy:

Copy heirarchical layers without loosing the layer heirarchy. Usage: 1. Select the layer you want to copy. 2. Select Layer Copy from Commands -> Document menu. 3. Switch to document were you want to copy the layer heirarchy 4. Select Layer Paste from Commands -> Document menu.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points