Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Preview dynamic media files in Adobe Bridge

Mar 29, 2012 11:36 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 11:36 PM   in reply to Community Help

Can bridge view video files in succession? from what I've tried in Slideshow mode Ctrl+L it only plays the first few seconds and advances to the next video.

Also in full-screen preview mode, video is way too choppy loosing frames.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to evan.fotis

Sort of.  Since the max time in the slide show is 10 sec. your video would have to be under 10 sec to show fully.

You can select Manual and then hit space bar when one is done to advance to the other one.

Not sure how you are doing your full screen view as for me hitting the spacebar with a .mov does nothing.  If I drag the handles to make a full screen it works just fine.

The quality of the larger frame movie in Bridge is a function of your video card and driver.  Make sure driver is latest.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 1:49 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I used the Slideshow option Ctrl+L, and as mentioned used manual for duration. It works but is not a slideshow anymore

My Nvidia drivers are the latest but video playback in Bridge is very choppy. I also noticed there is no "duration" column for video files...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 2:27 AM   in reply to evan.fotis

For what its worth, Adobe should integrate Adobe Media player with Bridge in the same workflow. Media player handles videos nicely but is totally non intuitive for browsing and managing local files, and bridge chokes with full screen video playback. Bridge should launch AMP for video slideshows. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to evan.fotis

Full screen playback for me plays the same as the thumbnail version.  Win7 64 bit 8 gigs RAM,  ATI video card 1g Vram.

Your video card and computer may not be advanced enough for playback in Bridge.

Bridge is intended to be a browser for photoshop which is primarily a picture ediditing program.  My experience is that a program that does it "all" does not do everything as well as individual programs built to do a specific job..

There are lots of video playback programs, my favorite is a the free VCL media player.  I just double click on the Bridge thumbnail and it opens in VCL as that is default player.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to Curt Y

win7 x64 24Gb ram 2Xnvidia gtx470... It should playback smooth. 1080 Uncompressed avi's play just smoothly in mpc.

Free Irfanview plays vids in succession just fine as well as acdsee.

Bridge did begin as a PS browser, but it has thankfully evolved and is used to browse presets,  is the only way to view vector images since their TN was disabled a few years back, as well as video files.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 3:26 PM   in reply to evan.fotis

Can bridge view video files in succession? from what I've tried in Slideshow mode Ctrl+L it only plays the first few seconds and advances to the next video.

Also in full-screen preview mode, video is way too choppy loosing frames.

Using a Mac with sufficient specs I can confirm the answer Curt provided, no problem in viewing video files either in preview panel or in slideshow full screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 5:53 PM   in reply to evan.fotis

Do you have latest verson of Apple Quicktime?  Believe that is default player for Bridge.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points