Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adding HDV Device to PP 5.5

Mar 30, 2012 9:06 PM

I'm working with a Sony (HVR-M35U HDV VTR ) deck in Premiere Pro 5.5, so far I haven't been able to preview my footage in the capture window. I've tried ever setting I can think of to help get Premiere to see my HDV deck's footage, but with no luck. When I go into my deck settings it lists the different Sony Premiere-friendly, but it only goes so far.

1. Since my deck is down in the Ms and it cuts off at D, is there a way to scroll down the drop down list to find drivers for the rest of the decks?

2. I know my deck works with my computer in both DV & HDV modes. Is there a way to manually install a deck driver into the list of Premiere-friendly decks?

Thanks!

Replies
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Jax24135

I have the exact same deck, and I have no trouble with using the 'Standard' setting.

Set up a device for device control

edit:

I recently used HDVSplit for the first time... simple and seemingly bullet-proof for HDV capture.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to Jax24135

Just so I'm clear, are you able to watch the HDV playback on your desktop/laptop's capture screen?

No, and it was always was clear there is no display during capture of HDV material, as is clearly stated in the manual/help file. There is no video display during capture of HDV material. If you want to see what you are capturing, use the deck/camera or use HDVSplit. DV material shows during capture, but not HDV.

Since the capture works and is ingested correctly, I think everything is as it should work according to the documentation.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to Jax24135

Like Harm said HDV does NOT show while capturing but only shows while previewing.

I seen this post from Ann ( post # 15 ) and she said there that it worked once for here but then stopped.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3916604#3916604

I just did a test capture and I can only see while previewing and not when I actually capture.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 8:21 PM   in reply to Jax24135

I can see the video while playing it back.

These are my Capture Settings and what my Capture window looks like.

GLenn

picture124.jpg

picture123.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points