Skip navigation
CarrieTurnerPhotog
Currently Being Moderated

editing photos for printing on craft paper

Dec 31, 2011 10:30 AM

I am developing a flyer for my photography business. It is going to be printed in black and white on recycled craft paper card stock (light brown). I have seen examples of photos edited so that they are essentially just blacks - no whites - and they print really nicely on craft paper. See attached. Anyone know if there is a way to do this in LR, and if so, how? Thanks!

Kiehl ReBinder.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2011 11:15 AM   in reply to CarrieTurnerPhotog

Carrie,

At first, I thought you'd need to go to Photoshop to do it, but I came up with a way that might work.

In LR, convert your image to B&W. Then click on the button below the tone curve and turn it into a Point Curve. Make two points on the curve and drag one to the top, and one to the bottom so that there's a vertical line between them. The left/right position of that vertical line determines what will be black and what will be white in the image:

Lightroom_2011-12-31_15-10-36.jpg

Hal

|
    Mark as:
  • print_chesco
    9 posts
    Feb 8, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to CarrieTurnerPhotog

If the tip above doesn't work, you can always try checking out online tutorials on different adobe lightroom tips and tricks. Here's one that was pretty easy to find, though you'd have to see for yourself whether you could get great use out of it. http://lightroomtutorials.blogspot.com/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points