Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR4.1 RC Edit-in PS issues

Mar 30, 2012 5:11 AM

Tags: #lr4

After making a few roundtrips from LR4.1 to PS 5.1 (edit-in), PS will no longer start. Have to reboot the PC to make it work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2012 10:25 AM   in reply to RonnyMills7

Can you provide more details (Operating system, maybe even the hardware basics, is it reproducible?)?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to RonnyMills7

Could be a PS problem?

Check the taskmanager (or similar application on Mac) to see wether PS is already running, but not showing up. I had that with a couple of unrelated programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to RonnyMills7

RonnyMills7 wrote:

Note: When this happens cannot start PS outside of LR until reboot.

This is a very old old issue with PS that has never been fixed (although I can remember multiple reports about it) : under some circumstances, when you "exit" PS, the main window will close but the process (photoshop.exe) will remain active (you can see this in the Task Manager). So you can't re-launch PS because only one instance of this process is allowed. You have to kill the photoshop.exe process in the Task Manager and you'll then be able to re-launch it.

This problem is hard to reproduce but I noticed that it can happen when launching PS and then exiting after a while without doing any work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points