Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[Flash CS5.5] bug movieclips dont show/Really Slow on High Quality Textures

Mar 24, 2012 11:15 PM

Tags: #flash #cs5.5 #bug #swf #actionscript #slow #bugs #report #crash_reporter #memeory

I have been using flash cs5.5 for a while now , and I start this project 3-4 days ago. Ever since I started to add in high texture in it, The program Freezes alot.

I export my project as a swf and theres no lag at all in it.(thanks to Render:Cache as Bitmap)

A bug happen when ALL the MovieClips/images/bitmaps No longer can be seen but u can click on it.

As u can see.

untitled.JPG

The visible is check in too.

All I was doing is moving the movieclips/images/bitmaps(high detail 2000x1000 big) around and this happen.

Also the program gets crazy laggy when high details are added. Then again , I export my project as a swf and theres no lag on the swf, full fps.

if this helps

intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20 GBHz

3.19 GHz , 2.00 GB of RAM

//

After Reloading the hole file, everything is back to normal , but it still does this bug and its really slow. I cant Continue my project because of this bug.

Flash barely use my ram or cpu.

Help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to Void_Func

Hi,

Can you zip your file, change .zip extension to .zzz and email it to my attention (Quynh) at FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com? I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Quynh

Flash Pro, QE

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to *Q

Not for nothing but P4 single core CPUs are outdated by about 6 years. From your graphic I can see you're not using a version of flash in your era.

That doesn't excuse freezing but your CPU in this day and age is basically a solar powered calculator. Most people have an ancient dual core 2+GHz system with 2-8GB ram. You're excessively behind the CPU curve. With that CPU you're running DDR400 on top of it.

We're at DDR3 now (PC12xxx depending on your wallet).

Please don't take this wrong but "high res" and "Pentium 4" should not be in the same sentence. I'm fairly sure you cannot even play 720p HD video let alone 1080p HD video on that processor with windows (maybe linux). How do you expect flash to react being much more complex?

Your best option is to lighten the load on that old rig. Disable any antivirus software or anything else running to give your updated flash the best possible chance to run well given your computers limitations. Efficiency being king, sometimes people thing 3ghz = 3ghz. It doesn't. A 3ghz modern CPU will blow away your old 3ghz computer. This is not apples to apples. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 6:14 PM   in reply to Void_Func

Hi,

Thanks for sending in your file. I've looked at it and I have to say that your file is "huge". 873MB is way too big. Is it possible for you to optimize your file? Just opening this file alone takes a lot of memory already.

Q

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 6:21 PM   in reply to *Q

Holy !@$# that's a big file. That alone should lock you up on that old rig with only 2GB ram. You're deep in pagefile land and probably hear your hard disk making noise for moments before your file opens. That's your system using hard drive space for memory. You can't expect that file to run well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to Void_Func

That's still a huge file. On your next project you should consider breaking it into many different files and including them. The overall idea is you typically only want to update "one part" of your app at any time and the rest of it remains the same. So why pay the publish penalty to publish all the parts of it just to make one simple update? Plus it makes it much easier to debug when you edit one small part and something goes wrong as you know the problem is most likely with that one small part.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points