• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing every hour on new update

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I installed the new update today (for Windows 7 64-bit) and exactly every hour my computer would freeze (I have to reboot at that point).

After many hours of trying to figure out the problem (scanning memory and hard disk, etc.) and looking at the event logs, I noticed that the adobe flash player update service runs exactly at the moments the computer freezes (at the 16 minute mark of every hour).

I was able to resolve the freezing by going into the Task Scheduler and disabling the updater. (The task is "At 9:16 PM every day - After triggered, repeat every 1 hour for a duration of 1 day.")

I don't mind having the service up (I set it to notify me of new updates when I updated flash) so I am just wondering why my computer freezes because of it.

Thanks,

laggyshield

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you find in the event logs - any reason why and what was freezing your computer?

Also, hopefully (after the weekend) you will also get information or questions from Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found nothing. That's why it took me a long time to see that the service ran when it froze. I was looking at the error logs and there was nothing (just the errors you get for rebooting without a shutdown). All I know at this moment is that the freezing is related to the update service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What virus/security software do you use?  Is it made by ESET?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, ESET Smart Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to upgrade to version 5 of Smart Security?  We've had reports that this resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those crashing with ESET and Flash Player 11.2's automatic update service.  I've received word back from ESET that this is a known issue and systems which have their latest business version 4.2.76 or the latest home version 5.x will not encounter this crash.

In addition, yesterday an automatic program component upgrade was also made available for older versions.  For more information, please see the following KB article:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2981

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same problem, but am not using any ESET software.  There is no anti-virus software on the computer in question.

Exactly one hour after I start my computer up it freezes.  No matter what I am doing. I am sure it is the updater since when it freezes I can see the adobe updater icon pop up in the bottom right by the time.

I only started having this problem happen in the past two days or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines