Skip navigation
HarrieB 342 posts
Nov 11, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Directory of Lens profiles in Win 7

Mar 31, 2012 6:51 PM

In LR4 some lens profiles are not available that are in LR3. It may well have to do with the fact that I "downgraded" some profiles that were only available as RAW versions to non-RAW versions. Unforgivable but I just don't always shoot in RAW. They do show up in LR 3 as I mentioned and I believe that they are stored in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\ but get the idea that LR4 uses some otther directory... Is thatt right?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 1:10 AM   in reply to HarrieB

Yes, under LR4 the lens profiles are stored in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0".

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 1:33 AM   in reply to Jim Wilde

Huh?  Why's that?  Even more confusing, as installing LR4 doesn't remove LR3, the profiles are still in the old location as well.  I had no idea that the location had moved until you mentioned it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to CSS Simon

Sorry, no idea why the change was made....I just know that it was.

In the early days of the LR4beta there were quite a few comments about the respective size (within Program Files) of LR3 and LR4....the latter having a footprint of almost 800mb, LR3 being less than 100mb. To some, this was evidence of sloppy coding and application bloat, but of course they hadn't realised that over 300mb of camera/lens profiles had switched from Program Data (LR3) to Program Files (LR4b). That made the real difference about 400mb, almost all of which is attributable to the 200+mb of Book Templates and the almost 200mb of stuff seemingly video related (in the Support sub-folder).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to HarrieB

There's also ... C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

As I understand it, that's the place where user-generated profiles should go. The location you mentioned, is for application's "stock" profiles.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 3:32 AM   in reply to HarrieB

Well, user-generated content should be in the user profile folder. That's the way it should be in Windows (and other os's I think). For example, if you install a new version of LR itmight go into a different program folder and it will not see your profiles. But it will continue to see those from your user folder.

Lens profiles are shared between Lightroom, ACR and Photoshop's lens correction plugin.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points