• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally put illustrator in "line/outline" mode, how do I get out of it?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have (via accidental keypress) put illustrator in a mode where I can only see the outlines of shapes and images, as shown in this picture: line mode.JPG

How do I get out of this mode? Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Paint,

Ctrl/Cmd+Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint,

Ctrl/Cmd+Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up, Paint, you can see many of the other keystroke traps in the View dropdown menu.

They are a bit tricky because they show what you get when you tick/hit the keystrokes, not what you have.

Actually, Ctrl/Cmd+G, grouping, may be the most likely accidental instance because it is completely surrounded by other Ctrl/Cmd keystrokes, and it may go unnoticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, Ctrl/Cmd+G, grouping, may be the most likely accidental instance because it is completely surrounded by other Ctrl/Cmd keystrokes, and it may go unnoticed.

Which is a good reason for making your own keystrokes.

For example "everybody knows" that Ctrl/Cmd+U means Ungroup which is why I have demoted smart guides to Cmd+Shift+G on my machine.

In my opinion it is better to keep simple 2-button commands for the things you do most often. Things that are less often used may be allocated 3-button comands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines