Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Strange Text Behaviour

Apr 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Tags: #text #photoshop_cs6 #photoshop_cs6_beta

Hi there,

So strange text behaviour here: http://screencast.com/t/atGbhTznY. I think the video is self explanatory. In Photoshop CS5 it shows the text size properly,

Desired effect or defect ?

Regards,

SK

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to skartov

Well captured - it's easy to reproduce doing what you did.  Definitely looks like a regression bug, since Photoshop CS5 didn't do that.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Yeah. There was another post not too long ago that demonstrated similar behavior in CS6 with text layers.

edit:

Actually it was a post in another Forum that referenced this. But yes this is a reproducible bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 8:22 PM   in reply to skartov

I will also try to reproduce this and will log a bug if it turns out we have an issue.

Thanks for the heads up!

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to skartov

Simeon-

From the video, I could not tell exactly how you made the layers, it looked like you made one text layer and duplicated it, then duplicated the two and transformed the second two before selecting them all and setting the font size.

I tried doing something similar on both CS5 and CS6 and both behave basically the same. Once you have transformed the text, the transform stays, even when you change the font size.

What were your expectations when you transformed and then tried to set all the transformed and not transformed layers to one font size?

Were you expecting them all to be the standard font at the designated size and for it to undo the transform on the two transformed layers?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to Pattie F

Pattie,

Not to answer for Simeon, but this is different behavior in PsCS6.  Say you scale two  text layers (for example- 10 pt scaled 200%) and commit the scale. When you target each layer individually, the pt size reflects the scale (so it will appear around 20 pt). However. if you target BOTH text layers the font size is indicated as 10 pt - the original size before the scale. One would expect if you target 2 text layers of same font and size, the Character Panel would show the correct size, as happens in PsCS5.

Steps to reproduce:

Open default RGB 8 bit document.

Select Type tool at default settings 12pt type. Type a word and commit type.

Type another word at same font and commit (you’ll now have two text layers, same font and size)

Target both text layers and Edit>Transform>Scale 200%. Commit the transform.

When each layer is targeted individually, the Type Tool Option bar (or Character Panel) shows the new, scaled size of 24pt

Shift click to target both the 24pt text layers… now Type Tool Option bar reverts to show 12 pt.

Expected behavior: that the Option Bar would show the new pt size of the two layers.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to skartov

Thanks guys for the clarification. I have performed these steps on CS5 and CS6 and do understand what you see. I will report back once I investigate further the cause.

Thanks

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to skartov

Hi all-

I can reproduce this and I have logged a bug on this one. Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are great!

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points