Skip navigation
SavedTee
Currently Being Moderated

Error 103

Mar 28, 2012 8:55 PM

I am trying to download the trial for cs5. What is error 103 mean?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to SavedTee

I haven't seen Error 103 before.  Which operating system are you using?  Where are you choosing to download the install files too?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Adobe. I'm having the same problem when downloading trail version of Illustrator. Translated form Danish, my error messege reads: Installations files are not found (error 103). Proceed to the file where downloaded to, and start the installation manually.

When I do that, nothing happens. If I stop Adobe Download Assistant, it seems that the dowmloaded program is erased from the file.

I have repeated the download 5 times, all with the same result.

I run MAC with the latest version of the OS X (10.7.2).

Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to Bettina Jensen

Hi Adobe! I am having the exact EXACT same trouble as Benita (above)

I am on a MacBook OS and trying to download the free trial of adobe photoshop cs5

I was simutaionasly downloading indesign but that finished perfectly and photoshop had the error 103 that I can't figure out how to get rid of

HELP ASAP PLZ THANK YOUUUUUU

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to emilieeeeeeee

Still odd to receive a Error 103.  You should be able to resolve your difficulties though by completing solution 1 in Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assista nt.html#main_Solution_1.  Please make sure to download the install files to your User folder or desktop.

Alternately you can follow the process listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to initiate a direct download.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to SavedTee

I'm having the same experience as Bettina.  iMac OSX 10.7.3.  Cannot complete installation.  The entire process of downloading and then installing took all night and most of a day before getting the error, and I've tried several times to install.  My internet connection is problem-free.  I have plenty of RAM.  I would love to get this resolved quickly, if possible.

I tried the troubleshooting steps, but nothing helped.  There were no preference/cache files to delete.

Thanks in advance.  Let me know if I can provide more info.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to ashleywl

Ashleywl with 10.7.3 Apple has made the User Library folder hidden.  The easiest way to view it is to go to your Finder and select hold down the option key and go to Go>Library.  This will take you to the hidden User Library folder so you can complete the steps listed in solution 1.  Also please make sure to select your User folder, which is default, or your desktop when choosing where to download the install files too.

I also included a link to the process of initiating a direct download.  You can certainly follow those steps if you do not wish to complete any additional troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points