Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How does one update a stroke profile?

Mar 28, 2012 2:58 PM

I'd like to globally update a stroke profile by overwriting an existing profile. But AI says "That name is is use. Choose another name". How do I overwrite an existing profile so it is updated throughout the document?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to rcraighead

There is no way.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 12:03 AM   in reply to rcraighead

if you mean graphic style already created

create a new one and drag and drop it over the old one (with cmd(ctrl) or alt = i don't know which one) clicked.

what's a stroke profile

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to vasil.petreski

CS 5 you can use the wi8dth tool to create a new variable width stroke and save it as a profile

vasil is absolutely correct if you create a graphic style of the original profile and then create a new proflie and make it a graphic style an Option Command or Contol Alt drag it on top of the graphic style of the previous Graphic Style of the Profile you wish to replace it will update all the strokes but if the profiles are applied before you make a graphic style of the profile then only the strokes that were aqpplied as a graphic style will be updated including the one you made the graphic style from, but anyprofile applied before they became the proilfe was introduced as a graphic style will remain.

So apply the profile as a graphic style if you will need to update them.

Otherwise there is no way to simply replace the profile i nhe list of profiles to0 update them

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to rcraighead

It would be and i suggest that the mechanism or capability is there but not implimented and should bve suggested as a feature request.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points