• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64 bit.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

My desktop PC was working fine until I used Revo uninstaller to take off all remnants of Avast antivrus protection (I now use Microsoft Security Essentials).

Since then I am unable to view my email pages on Hotmail, Yahoo or any others.

I am also unable to view some video, just get a black screen on Youtube.

I could not even register to this website on my Desktop PC because clicking the register button does nothing so am using the laptop to use this website.

I have Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102, 62 installed on my desktop PC, when I go to download the lastest version the download will not start even after I temporarily switch off

Microsoft Security Essentials.

I checked in my laptop, control panel, programmes and feautures and in there is,

Acrobat.com

Adobe AIR

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64 bit.

Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX 64 bit

Adobe Reader 9.0.5 MUI

In the desktop PC control panel programmes and features all of the above are there except,

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64 bit which I think may have been accidentally taken off by Revo uninstaller. I am not sure but I think so,

I found a link in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/888937?start=0

the 29th post down, I clicked the link for internet explorer, run, run, it almost completes the instal but I get the error message "The installation encountered errors: the version of adobe flash player that you are trying to install in not the most current version, please visit the player download center to obtain the latest, most secure version". As I said earlier I am unable to download the newest version.

I am not sure what I should do next so any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Download the current 64 bit uninstaller 
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller 
  3. Restart Windows 
  4. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories. (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window) 
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash 
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash 
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player 
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  5. Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ has been deleted.
  6. Download the following file.

64 bit Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Physically disconnect from the Internet and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you both for the replies, very helpful.

Carl, I use my desktop PC for work all week, it is on from Sunday night to Friday night.

When I view this thread on my desktop PC there are no reply buttons (I am using the laptop to reply)

but your links do show up and they are clickable. I downloaded the uninstaller from your first link to my desktop.

Your second link, the download for the 64 bit flashplayer did start to downlooad I stopped it. I just wanted to check that the download would start.

Sorry for my lack of understanding but on your number 4) do you mean I should type C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash into "start, programmes, accessories, windows explorer"?

I am going to follow your instructions on Friday night because I cannot to afford to be without the PC during the week. I hope you understand why I am delaying it because if I use the uninstaller link you kindly provided and I am unable to delete the remaining files my PC might be even more unusable than it is now.

In the meantime, do you think that if I follow your instruction I will be able to view my email pages again?

Is it likely that beacuse my desktop does not have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64 bit that there are no reply buttons on this website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your second link, the download for the 64 bit flashplayer did start to downlooad I stopped it. I just wanted to check that the download would start.

Go ahead and download the stand alone installer, it is not an online installer, you have to run that installer after it has be downloaded.

Sorry for my lack of understanding but on your number 4) do you mean I should type C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash into "start, programmes, accessories, windows explorer"?

Windows Explorer has an address box to the left of the search box, make your entries there.  Or you put the entries into the search box of the Start menu.

In the meantime, do you think that if I follow your instruction I will be able to view my email pages again?

No idea, why does your email pages need Flash Player to work?

Is it likely that beacuse my desktop does not have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64 bit that there are no reply buttons on this website?

Flash Player is needed to fully utilize this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need, in fact you shouldn't have, both Flash Player 10 and 11 on the same system.  Follow Carl's instructions and you should be fine.

P.S. you should also update your Adobe Reader to the latest, at least 9.5 version.  Download it from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines