Skip navigation
dave601
Currently Being Moderated

Sell or Crossgrade?

Feb 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Tags: #mac #licensing

I have done a lot of searching on this and it seems like I have come across some contradictory/unclear answers.  I have Adobe CS3 Web Premium for Mac.  It is an academic licence that I got when I was in college.  The college Mac is running out of steam and I would like to switch to a PC based setup instead of a Mac.  Will Adobe allow me to "crossgrade" and stay at CS3?  I am not looking to pay hundreds of dollars to upgrade to CS5.5.  Alternatively, can I sell my Mac academic version of CS3 and buy a Windows version (of CS3, 4, whatever)?  Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to dave601

Hi Dave, sorry to say that you can't do either...

In order to "crossgrade" from Mac to PC (or vice versa), you must be on (or upgrade to) the latest version to do it...  That's because Adobe doesn't sell, stock, or offer any older releases for either platform.

And on your proposed alternative regarding the academic versions - because of the heavy discounting, the education editions have the limitation of being non-transferrable.

Sorry they're not the answers you were hoping for!

But if you decide to reconsider your stance on upgrading, note that Adobe is currently offering a grace period for free upgrades to CS6 if you purchase CS5.5 now.

Anyway, hope this helps clear things up

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points