Skip navigation
John Spacey
Currently Being Moderated

LR4.1RC - Develop Module Blurring of image

Mar 29, 2012 8:41 PM

Tags: #bug #module #slow #develop #lr4

LR4.1RC - Develop Module Blurring of image

Hi there, installed LR4.1 and the develop module has got worse.  Every time I move a slider on any parameter the image goes blurry for about 5 seconds before returning to normal. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in

Most horrible to work with. What you've done please return it to the state of 4.0 or better

I'd rather have the dual monitor bug than this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to John Spacey

This sounds very much like a bug if I read other users's experience with LR4.1

Any chance you could try again and maybe try more situtations to see whether it occurs always?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 11:07 PM   in reply to slarti3

I think what you seeing is the sharpening is temporarily turned off while the sliders are tracking.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 11:12 PM   in reply to simonsaith

Simonsaith, will this get addressed in LR4.1, or is the turning off the sharpening a method to try to fix the speed issues?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 2:38 AM   in reply to simonsaith

I don't like it.

For me, it was fast enough with sharpening being adjusted in real time.

The most annoying thing is that the sharpening does not get rendered even if you let go the the slider (e.g Exposure) — I have to move the mouse off the slider.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 2:44 AM   in reply to Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață

Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață wrote:

I don't like it.

+1

seems like a very unprofessionell fix too me if this is really because of the speed issues some people have.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:11 AM   in reply to John Spacey

This is definitely disconcerting. 4.0 was better.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață

Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață wrote:

I don't like it.

The most annoying thing is that the sharpening does not get rendered even if you let go the the slider (e.g Exposure) — I have to move the mouse off the slider.

Yes, it seems to turn sharpening off when you move a slider, and keep it off while the mouse is over the slider.  Once you move the mouse off the slider, sharpening is rendered after about half a second.  I think it would be better to render after half a second of no slider movement even if the mouse is still over the slider. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 5:40 AM   in reply to CSS Simon

If (and I don't know, just IF) this is what Adobe has done to deal with the 4.0 performance problems, then I think they have mis-read the problem.

Its NOT a performance tweak -- performance is great in 4.0 for most people, but for a large group there is something

very wrong.  This would indicate some kind of h/w or s/w or driver or ??? interaction that is causing extreme slowness

for those people, but which simply does not exist for others.

Tweaking something like "not applying some edits" during slider use is ignoring the real issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 6:28 AM   in reply to John Spacey

Agree with others. Waiting for the adjustments to take place until I release the mouse is a no show. Simply not acceptable.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to simonsaith

Allowing the image to blur was a bad decision.  There's no other way to put it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to Danny Michael

There seems to be 2 different issues here. The original poster is referring to the image going blurry until releasing the mouse. The other issue is the sharpening being turned off until releasing the mouse/moving off the slider.

Two of us now have fixed the blurry issue by reinstalling 4.0, then redownloading RC1 and reinstalling it. We were both Mac users, one on 10.7.3 and one on 10.6.8. After doing this we are both no longer seeing the blurry previews until releasing the mouse and sharpening is now immediate, as expected. This is while in the Detail panel, using the sharpening slider.

Hopefully this may help others.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to John Spacey

Is there a way, we process a claim (if not done already) so that Adobe knows that this is NOT acceptable ?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to John Spacey

After upgrading from 4.0 beta to 4.1 RC i can confirm that sharpening is removed from the image as long as you use a silder from the basic panel. You have to move the cursor off the slider area to see the sharpening re-applied. Everything else works fine here, also no speed problems. I hope the effect of the sharpening-remove will be corrected or we get at least an option in the preferences where we can set this "on" or "off", if this is really wanted for speed-improvement.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points