Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to add scripts to File->Scripts

Mar 31, 2012 11:53 PM

Tags: #photoshop #script

I plan to add scripts to Photoshop File->Scripts menu items. Or some other convenient mothed to invoke my script. How could I do it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 1:04 AM   in reply to TomZhang

Just put the jsx-files into the Presets > Scripts-folder.

After restarting Photoshop the Script should be available under File > Scripts and can be assigned a Keyboard Shortcut directly, recorded into an Action or (in CS4 and CS5) be used in a Configurator-Panel.

Configurator buttons can either refer to a Script or contain its code.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,969 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 6:21 AM   in reply to TomZhang

If your on windows you can add a link(Windows Shortcut) to Adobe Photoshop Presets\script\ folder to your Phtoshop Scripts tree to link Photoshops script path with your script tree to keep your scripts sepreate from Adobe scripts.  Photoshop will includ your Scripts, Plug-ins Scripts and Help in it File>Scripts> List, File>Automate>List and Help>About Plug-ins>List is like adding an additional Plug-in path to Photoshop Preferences. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to TomZhang

If you're on Windows 7, you can drag the script file over your Photoshop icon on the taskbar to "pin" the script to the right-click menu for Photoshop.  Any time you would need to run it, just right-click the icon on the taskbar and select the script from the "Pin list".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points