Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 Web Premium - Licensing error followed by inability to reinstall

Apr 2, 2012 1:48 PM

All of my CS3 programs were working fine over the weekend. Today I received a message simple stating that my "Licensing had failed" or something similar.

I Googled the issue and tried all of the "solutions" listed and none helped.

I decided to follow the last instructions which was to reinstall CS3. However, now CS3 will not install. It will reinstall the "Shared Compnents" but none of the actual programs. It gives me no logs or anything similar when the instillation fails. Please help, I am on deadline for a project and cannot afford to lose a client to this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 4:04 AM   in reply to NautilusDD

Which operating system? What computer? what exactly have you tried so far? You need to be more specific....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to NautilusDD

Uninstall again and then run the cleaner tool which can be downloaded from :-

Adobe - Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

and then re-install teh software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 7:38 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Did this work for you?

I had all of my application in CS3 Web Premium Working. I tried the Cloud and downloaded a number of Apps Photoshop CS6 and Acrobat x. Before I did I asked if It would affect any of the application I currenlty owned. Oh No, you will only need to uninstall the products you downloaded from the cloud and everything would work as it did before. At first all did except Acrobat 8 it told me my licences was not valid. I called support and was told they would not support it. Lied to again.

I have deactivated all of CS3 uninstalled everything at least 3 times used the cleanup tool and now I can't even get the apps to install.

I also have a full version of CS4 Web Premium which I was considering upgrading. Well this is the support I get why should I. Or why should anyone if their products cause the problem and then they will not even assist in fixing it. Moore to follow...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to djolin

Follow Up and solution....

Use Windows Uninstall  > Use Adobe Clean up tool>  Manually remove remaining adobe folders under Program files > make sure firewall is turned off during install allowing the installer to get all of the updates during the install. It will then let you activate.... What a pain.

Thank you Adobe Non-Support Team

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points