Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Content Viewer in offline mode

Apr 2, 2012 12:32 PM

There will be this feature in future? Any eBook reader (even the most simple!) gives to the user the option to access his library in offline mode.

I work in a educational Institute and our students must be able to access their material anywhere, at anytime, and we all know that the 3G or wifi access are not available all the time, at any place.

So, please, make it works offline.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to Ibmec_EAD

It does work offline.

Once you've downloaded the folio to the iPad it stays there and is available without an internet connection.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to Ibmec_EAD

It's currently working on our Xoom as it has since May of last year.  Sometimes when first opening the viewer app it used to not show the already downloaded folios for a few seconds but I'm pretty sure they resolved that issue months ago.

I continue to have different issues with the Android viewer, but viewing downloaded folios offline is not a problem.

Make sure you're signed in with the same Adobe ID that you used to log-in to the Folio Builder panel in Indesign when you created the folios.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Ibmec_EAD

Have you downloaded Bob Bringhurst's free Adobe DPS Tips app?  Try downloading his folios and see if they remain on your device.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-publishing-suite-tips/id4361990 90?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.bringhurst.dpsti ps

If you haven't already I would delete and reinstall the app after restarting your device.  Sometimes the temp/cache on mobile devices can get cluttered.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points