Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Linking missing fonts to ID CS5.5 pages

Apr 2, 2012 2:49 PM

I had a client send me a folder with the following contents

.indd file

Folder( with  links )

fonts ( with fonts inside)

I need to export the doc ads an e.pub file but when I publish I get ( certain fonts are missing) now I know some of these fonts asre NOT on my systerm but are in the fonts folder within the .indd file. Do I need to add the fonts to my syastem fonts or I'm sure there is a way for the indd file to display the fonts since they are in the same folder am I right?

Plz advize

RD

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 2:54 PM   in reply to mentlity

Does it say fonts or Document Fonts?

Are you on Mac or Windows? Did the file come from a Mac or Windows user and what version of InDesign was used?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to mentlity

Adobe switched distribution of its fonts from T1 to OpenType several years ago, and would be delighted to sell you any of them. They NEVER, as far as I know, distributed TT fonts, so those may not be avaialble from Adobe, but you can also check vendors like MyFonts.com or Fonts.com who didtribute for all of the major foundries.

As far as sets of fonts, there are some great collections on the Adobe site that have selected faces at discount prices, but typically they will not have all weights or styles of a face if more than one is avialable. I don't do ePub, so I can't speak to font problems with that, but ID has no problem exporting TT or T1 fonts to other formats as long as those fonts are not restricted.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to mentlity

Font restrictions are not a property of the font format, but rather somthing that is built into the font file by the foundry. Some fonts are only available as restricted fonts, some always unrestricted, and som are availble either way, depending on the license you buy, or from whom you buy it. Adobe, for example, does not distribute fonts that are restricted against embedding in PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points