Skip navigation
drewjmore
Currently Being Moderated

mts codec missing from Premiere CS4, NOT trial version

Apr 2, 2012 10:14 AM

I've been all over support trying to get this fixed today, I hope I don't skip a detail. This link is to the answer that seems closest to my issue, maybe

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3114069#3114069

I installed from my DVD's onto a laptop for a quick trip, didn't expect to need to leave it installed was going to use the trial and let it expire, no big deal, right?  Discovered that I need to activate to get the MTS codec to use my footage (sony HDR--###), so fine, I deactivated my PC version and activated the laptop.  Worked for a few days in the hotel.  Now I need to produce, but I hadn't installed Encore.  When I finish installing Encore nothing works right, so I deactivate and uninstall the whole suite from the laptop and re-install, get a activation problem (too many computers, worked it out with adobe chat) and once it was activated I didn't have the MTS codecs anymore, and since it's not a trial install, I can't figure out how to force the codec update.

Do I really need to go back again and wipe/reinstall, per the linked suggestion?

-drew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to drewjmore

Do I really need to go back again and wipe/reinstall, per the linked suggestion?

Short answer: Yes, otherwise you will not get your mts codec.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points