Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating mst for flash player 11.2.202.228 msi

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

With the launch of the silent background updater service, I'd like to create an mst that accepts the default answer of installing updates silently in the background for the flash player plugins.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this or whether it is possible, especially as I assign software to the computers so I need to answer any interactive parts of the MSI in the MST before deploying the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create a transform manually.  The only thing in the transform should be to install mms.cfg to the correct location.  The mms.cfg file will contain the settings for the updates.

My problem right now is that 11.2.202.228 does not seem to grey out the 'change update settings' and 'Check Now' buttons with 'AutoUpdateDisable=1' in the mms.cfg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html should contain most of the information you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to do this in two parts.  Firstly I deployed the MSI of 11.2.202.228.

Then I created a startup script .bat file for the computers being deployed to which contained the following:

@echo off

xcopy "\\server\software\Adobe\Flash 11\mms.cfg" "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\" /o /y

xcopy "\\server\software\Adobe\Flash 11\mms.cfg" "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\" /o /y

@echo on

The mms.cfg that is copied to the local machines contains the following:

AutoUpdateDisable=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

This seems to work as I have checked the machines deployed to as they now look like this:

snip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines